Independent review for Reef House Holiday Home in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji
The Reef House Holiday Home Fiji on Malolo Lailai Island in the heart of the popular Mamanuca Islands makes an excellent choice for large families and groups, whether on a family reunion or with a bunch of close friends looking for a retreat to have some fun. The wooden bungalow is located along a sand road ten minutes walk from Musket Cove Marina and set fronting the ocean with access down to a part-sand / part-rocky beach with ocean walks for miles in both directions.
Reef House Holiday Home Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Reef House||8||F$ 650|
Reef House Holiday Home Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Ocean Front, Malolo Lailai, 5-minute walk from Musket Cove Resort
- Getting There: 50 mins by road / boat from Nadi Airport ; or 10 mins flight
- Unique Qualities: Spacious holiday home on delightful island
- Ideal for: Families, Groups
- Hotel Features: 3 Bedrooms, 2 Lounges, Kitchen, Access to Resort facilities
- Dining: SElf-catering - 4 Restaurants within walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Musket Cove Marina, beaches, Malolo Island
- The Beach: Average - rocky infront of house but lovely beaches 5 minutes away
- The Ocean: Poor for swimming - can walk over to Malolo Island at low tide
- Snorkelling: Average - good on organised boat trips
- Other Activities: Kayaking and Catamarans at Musket Cove
The Reef House holiday home has a wooden interior dressed in traditional artefacts with polished wooden floors and ceramic tiling in both bathrooms and kitchen. The main lounge has rattan furnishings and TV. Leading off the lounge is the master bedroom with wardrobe and drawers as well as a small en-suite bathroom and air-conditioning. There's a spacious dining area and kitchen with large fridge, cooking stove and full utensils. A corridor leads off the kitchen to a second lounge area with surround sofa which can be turned into two single beds. The two kids bedrooms at the far end of the house are accessed from this lounge, one a small single with ceiling fan, the other having a double bed and sofa bed as well as air-conditioning and leads out to the veranda..
The Reef House has a large outdoor decking area, both covered and under the sun, with a large circular wooden table and chairs for dinning, a BBQ and lounging chairs for sunbathing. There are eight bicycles for guest use to explore the island. Guests of the Reef House have access to Musket Cove Resort facilities including the swimming pool, although snorkel gear, kayaks and catamarans are charged a daily rate for use.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures