Independent review for Musket Cove Resort in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji
Musket Cove Resort Fiji is set on 600-acres of private Freehold land on the island of Malolo Lailai. Adjacent to the Musket Cove Marina and overlooking a sandy beach and the adjacent island of Malolo, Musket Cove offers a spacious relaxing environment ideal for those looking to participate in water activities, exploring the island and relaxation.
Musket Cove Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on a Malolo Lailai in the heart of the Mamanuca Islands
- Getting There: 50 mins by road / boat from Nadi Airport ; or 10 mins flight
- Unique Qualities: Elegant suites, picturesque beach, very intimate with no children
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 45 bungalows, Swimming Pool, Marina, Wedding Chapel
- Dining: Resort Restaurant & BBQ Point - 1 resort restaurant along beach
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Golf course, hill trails, beachcombing
- The Beach: Beautiful white sand around resort, backed by coconut palms
- The Ocean: Good for swimming, mostly sandy bottom but very shallow at low tide
- Snorkelling: Average, offshore from beach - outer reef trips by boat
- Other Activities: Diving, Catamarans, Kayaks, Row Boats, Boat trips
Front a large coconut garden with unobstructed views of the sea, garden bures accommodate up to 4 persons with lounge area. Bed configuration, 1 king-size and 2 single bed.
Set with veranda over an inland lagoon behind the Beach Front bures, the modern lagoon bures have king-size bed, single bed and sofa bed.
Set amongst coconut plantation in two rows set back from the Beach Front with queen-size and 1 single bed.
Resort Villas are located behind the resort pool and can accommodate up to 5 persons in duplex villas with master bedroom (king-size bed) and a 2nd bedroom with 3 single beds, both air conditioned. Each villa has a spa pool on the veranda and spacious lounge area.
These modern villas with veranda overlook an inland causeway have 2 bedrooms each with en suite bathrooms and air conditioning. Fully equipped kitchen, Private swimming pool for Armstrong Island guests. 2 King size beds unzipping to 4 Singles if required.
Musket Cove Resort Fiji has a variety of accommodation set amongst the old coconut plantation and a modern marina with purpose built waterways. Dining is in a covered atmospheric restaurant which extends out beside the swimming pool for dining under the stars. Guests can also have snack lunches at the marina or wander down to the fine dining restaurant at Lomani Resort or the more budget minded restaurant beside the airport and golf clubhouse.
The 9-hole golf course is pretty and suited for beginners with cheap green fees and golf club hire. Complimentary activities include windsurfing, row-boats, a hand line fishing trip, scuba dive lesson in the resort pool, snorkelling trips and the free use of snorkels, masks and flippers. You can also water-ski, sail a Hobie cat or an outrigger canoe, plus a boat trip to Shell Village on Malolo Island. The resort offers PADI Scuba diving with close access to the Malolo Barrier Reef. Musket Cove marina has a fleet of power boats and charter sail boats to cruise around the surrounding islands.
Malolo Lailai Island has pretty beaches to explore and there are some beautiful hill walks along the grassy ridges with outstanding views of the surrounding islands and with stunning sunsets. The resort has a two swimming pools: and small adults pool surrounded by frangipani trees and a larger main pool with lovely ocean views. For weddings, couples have the choice of a beachfront wedding, a more private oceanfront wedding on the peninsula or to get married in a small chapel on the hillside.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures