Independent review for Treasure Island Resort in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji
Treasure Island Resort is a small coral island 17km off the coast of Nadi and popular for families. The island has two swimming pools, good offshore snorkelling, and makes a good spot for kayaking and sailing with nearby coral islands and sand cays to visit.
Treasure Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on a small coral island
- Getting There: 1 hour by road / boat from Nadi Airport ; or 10 mins by helicopter
- Unique Qualities: Delightful small island, water activities, family holidays
- Ideal for: Families
- Hotel Features: 67 Bungalows, Swimming Pool, Crazy Golf, Wedding Chapel
- Dining: Restaurant at resort - no independent restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Turtle sanctuary, Birdlife
- The Beach: White sand around island, coconut palms
- The Ocean: Excellent for swimming, mostly sandy bottom
- Snorkelling: Excellent, offshore from beach
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Game Fishing, Catamaran, Parasailing, Waterskiing
Island Bures are housed in duplex or quad bungalows and are set no more than 40-metres back from the beach, screened by tropical fauna. Interiors are the same as Ocean View and Beach Front bures, being fully air-conditioned and with a King and single bed, writing desk with mini fridge and small en-suite bathrooms with shower
Ocean View Bures are housed in duplex or quad bungalows and are set no more than 20-metres back from the beach, with partial ocean views through tropical fauna. Interiors are the same as Island and Beach Front bures, being fully air-conditioned and with a King and single bed, writing desk with mini fridge and small en-suite bathrooms with shower
Beach Front Bures are either single or duplex bures and are air conditioned. These bures feature contemporary tropical decor and ocean views.
Relax on the white sand beach, lie around the fresh water swimming pool or enjoy lots of complementary activities including coral viewing, fish & turtle feeding, windsurfing, catamarans, canoeing, snorkelling, mini golf and tennis. There's a tropical Beauty Spa, daily Kids Club (games room, pool table, board games and DVD movies for rainy days as well as the usual beach activities) and PADI Dive Centre offering dive courses & excursions (beginners to advanced) as well as motorised water sports including parasailing, water and jet skiing.
At night, enjoy a table side Flambé meal, a romantic candlelight dinner for two in the Sunset Bure or join in the fun at the beach banquet. Live band every night with dancing & competitions. Fijian cultural activities and entertainment include meke, kava ceremony, Polynesian dancing, karaoke, crab races and fire walking ceremonies..
Treasure Island was the first marine sanctuary in the Mamanucas – for this reason, there is an abundance of marine life and coral growth surrounding the island. Fishing is strictly prohibited within 400 meters off the island. There are rare (endangered) banded rails, parrots, white-eyes, honey suckers, herons, iguanas, nesting turtles on the island and gecko’s. The gecko’s live on spiders and various insects, which provide some balance to the environment that introduces our guests to the miniature eco-system on the island.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures