Independent review for Toberua Island ResortLomaiviti, Eastern Group, Fiji Islands
Toberua Island Resort Fiji is a small coral island off the east coast of Viti Levu in an unspoiled and very secluded location. The resort offers just 15 large traditional style bures with renowned hospitality and some excellent scuba diving offshore. This is a great spot for nature lovers with Mangrove Forest Reserves, a protected area for sea birds isolated traditional fishing villages nearby and some outstanding coral reefs for snorkelling.
Toberua Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Small coral island off East Coast of Viti Levu
- Getting There: 35 minutes flight Nadi to Nausori Airport PLUS 25 minutes by road / boat
- Unique Qualities: Down to earth resort, intimate, good for diving
- Ideal for: Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 15 bures, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant at the hotel - no restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Mangrove Forests, Bird Island, Historical Levuka Town
- The Beach: Reasonable - coarse white sand around half the island
- The Ocean: Very shallow at low tide - not practical for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good off pier, boat trips to outer reef
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Kayaks, Island & Mangrove Tours
2 children under 16yrs share bure with parents
The 3 Tropical Ocean Front bures are built in traditional Fiji style with high ceilings, decorated in traditional art, with large en-suite bathroom extending into a private courtyard with outdoor shower.
The 11 Deluxe Ocean Front bures are built in traditional Fiji style with high ceilings, decorated in traditional art, with large en-suite bathroom extending into a private courtyard with outdoor shower.
The 4 Premium Ocean Front bures are similar in interior design to Deluxe bures but occupy prime position along the beach front. They are also built in traditional Fiji style with high ceilings, decorated in traditional art, with large en-suite bathroom extending into a private courtyard with outdoor shower.
Activities include snorkelling, scuba diving, village visits and playing golf on the unique 9-hole reef-course. There's also a new Spa Centre to pamper yourself or unwind after a day of activities.
Fresh fruit is available throughout the day from the dining room. Waitresses will bring you the menu wherever you are to take your lunch and dinner orders. Meals are usually eaten outside, especially in the evenings under the stars.
Scuba Diving & Snorkelling
The Toberua Passage, within minutes of Toberua Island, offers a wide variety of diving spots from coral heads to 60 foot walls and cracks suitable for both novice and experienced divers with a large array or colourful coral, fish and shells. Toberua has its own resident PADI Dive Instructor and offers a full range of courses from Introductory Resort dives through to Dive Master qualification. Toberua takes great pride in declaring a long-term commitment to preserving the unique and fragile heritage of the reefs, islands and mangrove estuaries in our close vicinity.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures