Independent review for Pearl South Pacific Resort near Pacific Harbour in Fiji
Pearl South Pacific Resort Fiji is located on the sweeping Beach Front at Pacific Harbour, the tropical activity centre for the main island of Viti Levu. This well appointed resort offers a great base for exploring the surrounding environment, be it the championship golf course and tennis centre, the tropical mountains and traditional villages, or simply as a tranquil base for Suva City, 45-minutes drive away.
Pearl South Pacific Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front, on Suva highway, South Viti Levu Island
- Getting There: 2 hrs 45 mins by road from Nadi Airport; or 30 mins from Suva
- Unique Qualities: Excellent base for Rainforest and Beqa Lagoon or Playing Golf
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Groups
- Hotel Features: 78 Rooms, Swimming Pools, 18-hole Championship Golf Course
- Dining: Restaurant at the hotel - restaurants of Pacific Harbour 5 mins by road
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Navua River, Biausevu Waterfall, Traditional Villages, Suva City
- The Beach: Reasonable - medium fine sand but often windy
- The Ocean: Reasonable swimming with some wave action
- Snorkelling: Poor, but better on boat trips to outer reef
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Windsurfing, Kayaks
Room InformationGarden View and Ocean View rooms are identical in interior design with only the veranda outlook being different. Rooms offer a queen size bed with cupboards, TV, telephone, mini fridge and tea / coffee making facilities. Roll-away beds and cots are available on request (at an extra cost) for children, and should be pre-arranged to ensure availability. Ocean View Rooms are at a slight premium and overlook the swimming pool, palm trees and beyond to the ocean and the offshore island of Beqa.
Garden View and Ocean View penthouse suites are identical in space and layout although every room has a unique look and feel with different style furnishings from a "Classic Room" to an "Oriental Room" and a "Contemporary Room". These suites are a lot larger than the Garden View Rooms with King size beds, a separate lounge, large flat screen TV and a open plan bath with separate shower and toilet. All suites rooms offer a unique interior finishing. Garden View Penthouses overlook the tropical gardens on the north side of the resort.
All accommodation is in the three storey main hotel block and extends in two wings from the reception and restaurant. There are two main room categories: Standard Rooms and Suites. Both offer either ocean view or garden view options.
Pacific Harbour is reputed as the adventure capital of Fiji, with both water and land based activities. The 18-hole championship golf course is owned by The Pearl and guests enjoy preferred green fees. There's the exciting river rafting close by as well as 4WD tours into the rainforest and village visits. The Cultural Centre is 5 minutes walk away with a wide range of boutique shops and restaurants. Suva City is 40-minutes drive to the east. For water enthusiasts, there is world class game fishing, scuba diving off the Beqa Reef as well as shark dive sites along the coast and Beqa Island, visible on the horizon, makes a pleasant picnic spot.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures