Independent review for Oarsman's Bay Resort in the Yasawa Islands of Fiji
Oarsman's Bay Resort Fiji is a small budget style resort in the northern Yasawa Islands run by the local village with hut accommodation and meals.This small Fijian owned retreat is a good choice for budget travellers looking for a great beach and intimacy. There's good snorkelling offshore, lovely hill walks behind the resort and a few organised activities.
Oarsman's Bay Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Dorm Room||4 - 18||F$ 50|
|Garden Bure||2||F$ 285|
|Beach Front Bure||2||F$ 355|
Oarsman's Bay Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on Nacula Island in northern Yasawas
- Getting There: 4 hrs by fast catamaran from Denarau Marina, Nadi
- Unique Qualities: Stunning secluded beach setting facing pristine turquoise lagoon
- Ideal for: Couples, Singles & Backpackers
- Hotel Features: 8 open plan duplex style bungalows, Massage Bure
- Dining: Compulsory Meal Plan from Restautrant
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Village Visits, Hiking, Sawa i Lau Caves
- The Beach: Excellent - fine sand, extends along coastline with tropical backdrop
- The Ocean: Excellent for swimming - sandy bottom protected lagoon
- Snorkelling: Excellent - offshore from beach
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, hand line fishing
The Garden and Beach Front bures are identical in layout with only the location being the difference.
The family bungalows are interconnecting deluxe bures with two separate bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms.
Accommodation is in simple wooden bungalows with ceiling fans and louvre windows with mosquito screens. although the the bungalows are showing signs of decay from the elements. All bungalows have double spring beds, en-suite bathrooms with ceramic tiled floors and hot / cold water showers and wardrobe.
Whilst the focus is on the gorgeous white sandy beach and protected swimming lagoon, there are some activities on offer during the week including the Sawa-i-Lau cave trip, picnic lunch trips to neighbouring secluded beaches and massages by the local Fijian staff.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures