Independent review for Matamanoa Island Resort in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji
Matamanoa Island Resort Fiji is a small, intimate and secluded boutique island. The island boasts a volcanic cone jutting out of the turquoise blue waters with excellent snorkelling reefs off the main beachfront. Created for those who dream of peace and tranquillity, the resort has adopted a year round policy of not permitting children under the age of 16 years.
Matamanoa Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on a small island in the outer Mamanuca Islands
- Getting There: 1 hour 50 mins by Fast Catamaran ; 15 mins by Helicopter
- Unique Qualities: Excellent value, lovely beach and lagoon
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 33 hotel rooms and beach bungalows
- Dining: Resort Restaurant - no independent restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: Under 16 yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Walking trails, village visit
- The Beach: White sand around resort point, backed by coconut palms
- The Ocean: Excellent for swimming, mostly sandy bottom
- Snorkelling: Excellent, offshore from beach
- Other Activities: Diving, Kayaks, Island Trips
Matamanoa has thirteen air-conditioned Resort Rooms set behind the main reception area amongst tropical gardens. These will be fully re-furnished for January 2011. Each room has a queen bed, bar unit with sink, fridge and tea/coffee facilities - outside there is a small patio area. The bathroom includes separate spacious shower, marble vanity with single hand basin, hair dryer, bath robes, amenities and Italian tiles.
Matamanoa Island Resort offers twenty Beach Front Bures of traditional Fijian design with thatched roofs. Bures are cooled by overhead fans and louvre windows to catch the trade breezes from the ocean. All Bures consist of two rooms, en-suite bathroom and patio. The bedroom has two queen beds with the sitting offering two sofa beds, bar with fridge, tea and coffee facilities and floor to ceiling sliding glass doors opening on to the patio. Both rooms have high ceilings, which are covered in traditional Fijian Tapa and Magi Magi. The bathroom includes separate large shower, granite vanity with twin hand basins, hair dryer, bath robes, amenities and Italian tiles
Free activities include sailing boats, paddle boards, windsurfers, row boats, coral viewing, hand line fishing, snorkelling (including mask/snorkel/fins), coconut tree climbing demonstration and instruction, tennis (day & night), table tennis and volleyball.
Paid activities include scuba diving, game fishing, island hopping trips or simply enjoy a variety of tropical massages on the beach, or have a facial, manicure or pedicure in the privacy of your bure or room.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures