Independent review for Coral View Resort in the Yasawa Islands of Fiji
Coral View Resort is one of the orginal backpacker resorts in the Yasawa Islands and has evolved to become one of the more popular choices for watersports - there's jet boats, a PADI dive centre, kayaks and good snorkelling offshore, plus a lively backpacker atmosphere with air-conditioned dorms. The downside is the beach, which is narrow and eroding away although a seawall has been built to create a small beach for sunbathing.
Coral View Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Dorm||10 / 20||F$ 42|
|Garden View Bure||3||F$ 130|
|Beachfront Bure||2||F$ 165|
Coral View Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on Tavewa Island in northern Yasawas
- Getting There: 4 hrs by fast catamaran from Denarau Marina, Nadi
- Unique Qualities: Stunning secluded beach setting facing pristine turquoise lagoon
- Ideal for: Couples, Singles & Backpackers
- Hotel Features: 20 bungalows + 3 dorms
- Dining: Compulsory Meal plan
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Village Visits, Hiking, Sawa i Lau Cave
- The Beach: Average - nice beaches ten minutes walk along coast
- The Ocean: Good for swimming - sandy bottom protected lagoon
- Snorkelling: Excellent - offshore from beach
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Jet boats, kayaks, hand line fishing
Dorms are in Air conditioned rooms with ensuite hot-water bathroom for convenience.
The Stabdard Bures are Plantation style cottages with simple furnishings and small en-suite bathrooms.
Deluxe Bures are larger and can sleep three adults.
Guests can arrange private island tours to visit a local village or to swim in the Sawa-i-Lau limestone vaves. Coral View Resort operate its own full PADI certified courses and diving excursions.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures