Independent review for Bibi's Hideaway on Taveuni Island in Fiji
Bibi's Hideaway Fiji is a family run plantation with 6 guesthouse style cottages on the gentle slopes of Taveuni's protected north west coast, five minutes from the airport. This spacious property has lovely ocean views and peaceful gardens which lead down to the main road across which is the picturesque Prince Charles beach with its white sand backed by tropical trees and good snorkelling.
Bibi's Hideaway Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Standard Cottage||2||F$ 80|
|Top Cottage||2||F$ 95|
|Honeymoon Cottage||2||F$ 110|
|Family Cottage||4||F$ 130|
NOTE: A 5% Hotel Turnover Tax is not included in the rates and is payable direct to Bibi's on arrival
Bibi's Hideaway Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Tropical Plantation, across road from Beach, North West Taveuni
- Getting There: 1 hr 20 mins flight Nadi to Taveuni Airport+5 mins by road
- Unique Qualities: Spacious grounds, family guesthouse, excellent value base
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Groups
- Hotel Features: 6 Rooms
- Dining: No restaurant at the hotel - 2 restaurants walking distance (20 mins)
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Hiking, Bird Watching, Waterfalls, Scuba Diving, Island Tours
- The Beach: Prince Charles Beach across road - Fine sand with lush tropical backdrop
- The Ocean: Good for swimming - part sandy bottom
- Snorkelling: Good - offshore from beach
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving Centre & Game Fishing across road
The Twin Cottage is a simple room with twin beds only and is suitable for single travellers with a shared bathroom.
The top cottage is located at the highest point of the plantation and has a double bed with studio style kitchenette and en-suite bathroom (cold water only).
The Honeymoon Cottage is slightly more spacious than the Top Cottage with a large veranda and is located on the lower slopes with ocean views through the coconut trees.
The two family cottages are colonial style single storey wooden houses, each with two bedrooms, kitchen and lounge (all cold water showers only). All cottages have screen windows and mosquito nets over the beds.
Bibi's offers a total of six cottages set around the hillside plantation, all with screen windows and mosquito nets over the beds.
There are several independent restaurants a 10-minute walk away in Matei settlement and at the point. Your local hosts can organise all tours around Taveuni from private 4WD van tours to snorkelling, bush walks and scuba diving to the Rainbow Reef which is just 20-minutes by boat.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures