Independent review for Betham's Cottages on the North Coast of the main Fiji Island
Located on the beautiful island of Nananu-i-Ra just off the quiet north coast of Viti Levu, Bethams Cottages is a relaxed budget accommodation on the protected beachfront adjacent to the jetty. With self-catering rooms and dorms in just five wooden cottages, Betham's is a great spot for singles, couples or families looking for a quiet holiday retreat with great walking tracks for exploring the island.
Betham's Cottages Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Dorm Room||6a||F$ 35|
|Private Room||2a||F$ 110|
|Beachfront Cottage||6||F$ 160|
Betham's Cottages Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on a small island off north coast of Viti levu
- Getting There: 2 hrs 40 mins by road from Nadi Airport PLUS 10 mins boat ride
- Unique Qualities: Lovely swimming beaches and laid back island atmosphere
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Backpackers
- Hotel Features: 10 rooms in quiet beachfront setting
- Dining: Restaurant - no shops on island
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Kitesurfing and windsurfing; beaches; walking trails
- The Beach: Fine white sand infront and excellent beaches around point
- The Ocean: Excellent for swimming, protected and mostly sandy bottom
- Snorkelling: Excellent, offshore from pier
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Diving, Windsurfing, Kite Surfing
These dorm lodge is set in gardens with four single beds, a kitchen and lounge area and covered veranda.
Double Rooms are in stand-alone cottages and set slightly back from the beachfront and screened by gardens for privacy. Each cottage has two simply furnished private rooms with en-suite bathrooms and sharing a kitchen between the two rooms and a large covered veranda. Both rooms can be combined to make a private 2-room cottage.
Nananu-iRa is a great island for a relaxed holiday with a very informal atmosphere. The island has long been a popular retreat fro artisans with private houses around the point. A short walk across the narrow isthmus is a long white sand beach which is often windy and with excellent windsurfing and kite-surfing. There are several other secluded beaches to explore around the island plus great walking trails along the grassy hill ridges with stunning views of the surrounding islands and looking back across the bay to the mountainous mainland.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures