Independent review of Uprising Beach Resort near Pacific Harbour in the Fiji Islands
Uprising Beach Resort Fiji lies along a narrow grey sand beach at Pacific Harbour with traditional thatch bures facing the ocean and a large tree house Dorm set behind. There's an atmospheric restaurant and bar and plenty of organised activities around Pacific Harbour including jet skis, kayaking, scuba diving and adventure tours up the Navua River and into the tropical rainforests of the Nausori Highlands.
Uprising Beach Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Treehouse Dormitory||20a||F$ 45 pp|
|Garden Bure||3||F$ 255|
|Beachfront Bure||3||F$ 295|
|Commodore Garden Villa||4||F$ 355|
|Commodore Beach Villa||4||F$ 395|
Uprising Beach Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front, on Suva highway, at Pacific Harbour on South Viti Levu Island
- Getting There: 2 hrs 45 mins by road from Nadi Airport ; or 30 mins from downtown Suva
- Unique Qualities: Excellent base for exploring Rainforest and Beqa Lagoon for Shark Dive
- Ideal for: Singles, Backpackers, Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 24 Rooms, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant at the hotel - restaurants of Pacific Harbour 5 mins by road
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Navua River, Waterfalls, Traditional Villages, Namosi Highlands, Suva City
- The Beach: Average - brackish sand and often windy
- The Ocean: Reasonable swimming with some wave action
- Snorkelling: Not great but can organise outer reef trips
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Windsurfing, Kayaks
The dormitory is set back in the gardens in a large lodge with bunk beds and ensuite bathrooms.
Traditional style bungalows with identical interiors but with the garden bures set behind the beach bures and without ocean views.
The Commodore Villas are located along the beach front with a separate bedroom and lounge plus a kitchenette.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures