Independent review of Tropica Island Resort in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji
Tropica Island Resort Fiji is a small beachfront resort on Malolo Island and offers a peaceful setting backed by steep hills and with stunning sunsets looking out to a small island within the lagoon.The resort has recently been completely refurbished and upgraded to provide sophisticated accommodation for couples only with the focal point being its beautiful infinity pool.
Tropica Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on the west coast of Malolo Island
- Getting There: 10 mins by sea-plane from Nadi Airport; 2hrs by boat
- Unique Qualities: Beautiful Infinity Pool and Ocean Outlook
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 30 Rooms & Bures, Infinity Swimming Pool, Spa
- Dining: Restaurant & Sunset Barat resort - no independent restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: Under 16 yrs not permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Malolo summit hike, Shell village, Dolphin Watching, Surfing
- The Beach: Reasonable - coarse yellow sand, extending infront of resort
- The Ocean: Average for swimming, shallow at low tide but good in outer lagoon
- Snorkelling: Good from beach via passage; better at bird island (boat or kayak)
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Fishing, Kayaking, Hobbie Cats
Meals are served in the large open plan restaurant and bar which overlooks the infinity swimming pool and beyond through palm trees to the ocean. There's a sunset bar closer to the beachfront, a jetty for romantic dinners or just watching the reef fish in the lagoon and a two room spa centre offering massage and pedicure.
Tropica Island Resort offers plenty of activities including snorkelling off the beach, catamarans, surf trips to the Malolo Barrier Reef, hiking and a beachside outdoor gym.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures