Independent review of Sofitel Fiji Resort on Denarau Island in Fiji
The Sofitel Fiji Resort is the pick of the internationally branded large resorts on Denarau Island with a balanced blend of contemporary architecture and splashes of Fijian design. Although lacking a decent beach and swimming lagoon, this is a good base for an active holiday with championship golf course, tennis, island and inland tours and of course, fine dining at any of Denarau's restaurants or at Port Denarau shopping centre, 5 minutes ride away on the Bula Bus.
Sofitel Fiji Resort Denarau Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Superior Room||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 495|
|Luxury Room||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 585|
|Family Room||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 645|
|Prestige Suite||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 995|
Sofitel Fiji Resort Denarau Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on Denarau Island, 10 mins by road from Nadi Town
- Getting There: 20 mins by road from Nadi Airport
- Unique Qualities: First class service and amenities, nice beach and excellent base
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Business Conferences
- Hotel Features: 296 rooms, Swimming Pool, Mandara Spa, Wedding Chapel
- Dining: 2 restaurants & Bar at the hotel - plenty of restaurants at Port Denarau are walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Denarau Golf Club, Port Denarau, Nadi Shopping, Island Cruise, Inland Tours
- The Beach: Good - imported fine white sand and natural fine greyish sand
- The Ocean: Average for swimming - sandy bottom but brackish water
- Snorkelling: Poor - too murky from mangroves - boat trips to outer reef
- Other Activities: Denarau Golf Club, Port Denarau Marina, Island Cruise, Inland Tours
Sofitel Fiji rooms are set in three storey hotel blocks set back about 30 metres from the Beach Front amongst landscaped gardens.
There's a huge 1,080 sq. m. swimming pool with water slide - the pool stretches the entire length of the resort and features a separate ‘child friendly’ end for younger children. A beautiful traditional thatch bure Mandara Spa and a pleasant outlook from the beach. The upper part of the beach has imported white sand, the tidal area has brownish sand and the lagoon offers safe swimming although the water is usually murky from nearby mangroves. Water activities include banana boat rides, water skiing, windsurfing, catamarans and both snorkelling trips and diving excursions to the outer reefs.
The Classic Rooms offer either King and Queen variations.
King rooms offer a generous King size plus a sofa bed and a study area; Queen Rooms feature one queen bed and one double bed. All rooms have a private balcony area overlooking gardens and a choice of shower bath or separate shower.
All rooms have the following amenities: IDD telephone, coffee/tea making facilities, iron/ironing board, radio, remote controlled colour TV, mini bar, slippers, bathrobe, hair dryer in room safe, broadband internet access.
The Luxury Rooms offer either King and Queen variations.
King rooms offer a generous King size plus a sofa bed and a study area; Queen Rooms feature one queen bed and one double bed. All rooms have a private balcony area with ocean views and a choice of shower bath or separate shower.
All rooms and suites have the following amenities: IDD telephone, coffee/tea making facilities, iron/ironing board, radio, remote controlled colour TV, mini bar, slippers, bathrobe, hair dryer in room safe, broadband internet access.
The Turtle Club is Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa’s fantastic children centre offering a combination of local pastimes, outdoor and indoor activities to keep children between 2 and 12 years of age entertained.
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa provides a range of casual and elegant dining experiences for guests including a signature restaurant, relaxed bars and café-style eateries for indulgent choices and amazing variety..
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures