Independent review for Mana Island Resort in the Mamanuca Islands of Fiji
Mana Island Resort Fiji is the largest of the Mamanuca Island resorts, located on a long thin island surrounded by white sand. There's lots of water activities, good snorkelling and great walks around the island with stunning views from its gentle hilltops. The resort offers a wide range of accommodation from honeymoon bures to luxury suites and studio style rooms.
Mana Island Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Island Bure||2a+3c or 3a+1c||F$ 495|
|Ocean View Room||2a+2c or 3a||F$ 595|
|Deluxe Ocean View Bure||2a+3c or 4a||F$ 795|
|Ocean Front Suite||2a+3c or 4a||F$ 845|
|Beach Front Bure||2a||F$|
Mana Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front on a Mana Island in the Mid Mamanuca Islands
- Getting There: 1 hour 50 mins by road / boat from Nadi Airport ; or 10 mins flight
- Unique Qualities: Large resort, lovely beach and lagoon, lots of activities
- Ideal for: Couples & Families
- Hotel Features: 122 rooms, suites and bungalows, Swimming Pool, Tennis, Wedding Chapel
- Dining: Resort Restaurant & snack bar - no independent restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: All ages welcome; Kids Club
- Local Attractions / Tours: Walking trails, village visit
- The Beach: White sand on both sides of island , backed by coconut palms
- The Ocean: Excellent for swimming, mostly sandy bottom but seaweed on south beach
- Snorkelling: Excellent, offshore from north beach, average off south beach
- Other Activities: Diving, Parasailing, Jet Boats, Submersible, Kayaks, Paddle Boats
Island Bures are the entry level of accommodation at Mana Island. These bungalows are set in a plantation setting with lawns between the north and south beaches. There are two different types of island bure - single bungalows which are suited to couples or duplex bures which are suited to families with two queen beds and interconnecting doors to the second unit. Island bures are clean and simple with very small decent size living area including lounge chair and fridge but bathrooms are very small
Ocean View Rooms are set overlooking the north beach in a two storey building with rooms both upstairs and on ground level. All rooms offer spacious accommodation suitable for the family with inter-connecting rooms being able to accommodate up to eight people. Ocean View Rooms are also located in duplex bures at the far end of the north beach and offer similar living.
Deluxe Bures are in wooden cottages .
The Ocean Front Suites are situated in a two storey hotel block facing the main southern beach. These suites have a mezzanine floor with a king-size bed or two double beds, and a spacious lounge on the lower floor. A patio off the ground floor and a balcony off the mezzanine offer nice views. Beautifully appointed in a blend of modern and traditional Fijian styles, they will accommodate both families and couples.
Beach Front Bures are located on the north beach and offer modern open plan bungalows. Beach Front bures offer the addition of a Jacuzzi and large wooden veranda with sun decks. Bures are most suited for couples.
The Honeymoon Bures are located just a couple of metres off the high tide mark on the quiet end of the South Beach. Each bure has just over 90 sq metres of floor space which includes a private open-air spa bath. A valet service pampers the couple and a self-drive buggy allows ease of access to the reception area.
Mana Island has three restaurants / snack bar to choose from. The large wooden deck overlooking the north beach with its spacious indoor dining hosts buffet breakfast and buffet meals (Mongolian BBQ, Fijian Feast and Seafood Buffet are common events). The South Beach Restaurant is quieter for a-la-carte dining. There's a lively sunset bar with evening bingo sessions as well as a boutique shop and games room with table tennis and pool table.