Independent review of Beach Cocomo on the Coral Coast in Fiji Islands
Beach Cocomo Fiji is a serene retreat perched overlooking a secluded white sand beach with snorkelling lagoon just five minutes along the coast from the Outrigger Hotel. Offering just two wooden cottages, a boutique artisan shop and traditional thatch lounge / restaurant , Beach Cocomo is a secluded and intimate base for relaxing and exploring the nearby sights of Sigatoka and the Coral Coast.
Beach Cocomo Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Standard Cottage||2a + 1c / 3a||F$ 168|
|Premium Cottage||2a + 2c / 3a||F$ 192|
Children under 8yrs share cottage for free; 8yrs or over at extra adult rate = $36 per night
Beach Cocomo Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach Front along Coral Coast highway, South Viti Levu Island
- Getting There: 1 hr 15 mins by road from Nadi Airport
- Unique Qualities: Tranquil setting, just 2 cottages, excellent value for money
- Ideal for: Couples seeking seclusion
- Hotel Features: 2 Cottages
- Dining: Meals can be cooked with 1 day notice - 3 restaurants 7 mins drive away
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Sigatoka Town, Sandunes, Hill Fort, Pottery Village, Kula Eco Park
- The Beach: Good - medium fine sand, secluded
- The Ocean: Average for swimming - part coral bottom
- Snorkelling: Average - offshore from beach, but shallow at low tide
- Other Activities: None
The Standard Cottage has generous living space with wooden floors, Queen size bed, writing table and a small en-suite bathroom. There is a spacious lawn in front of the bungalow at the end of which are lovely views overlooking the beach and lagoon.
The Premium Cottage has a larger living interior with King size bed and a single bed, writing table and a small en-suite bathroom. There are partial ocean views from its veranda.
Both cottages are A-frame wooden bungalows set in a lightly wooded area backing onto the road and with wooden veranda's offering glimpses of the ocean through trees bordering the beach front.
Beach Cocomo Amenities
The Fijian bure style restaurant serves meals on demand with a distinct Asian flavour. Spring water from the nearby mountains is used (bottled water for drinking can be purchased on the property)
Beach Cocomo is a secluded beach front property located adjacent to the Queens Highway making it easy to get to, although passing vehicles may sometimes be heard from the cottages. The large Outrigger Hotel and independent restaurants of the Sunset Strip are a five minute drive away and taxis can be arranged for transfers into Sigatoka Town or for sightseeing tours along the coast.
see our other Fiji Islands Pictures