Independent review for Likualofa Resort on Tongatapu Island in the Kingdom of Tonga
Likualofa Resort is a well managed budget resort at the very southern tip of Ha'atafu Beach fronting a rocky oceanfront yet with direct access to the adjacent beachfront. With an enclosed seawall for swimming, decent offshore snorkelling, a raised restaurant ideal for whale watching and a large restaurant with several themed entertainment nights each week, Likualofa offers a full holiday atmosphere.
Likualofa Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Duplex Bungalow Room||2+1c||A$ 110|
|Deluxe Private Bungalow||2||A$ 145|
Likualofa Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Oceanfront on western tip of mainland Tongatapu
- Getting There: 30 minutes by road from Tonga International Airport
- Unique Qualities: Comfortable accommodation, pleasant outlook
- Ideal for: Couples and Budget Travellers
- Hotel Features: 17 Rooms
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - no independent restaurants close by
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Blowholes, Flying foxes
- The Beach: Good - a few minutes walk along coast from resort
- The Ocean: Average, part coral bottom, some swimming areas
- Snorkelling: Good, offshore from beach on outer reef
- Other Activities: Surfing, game fishing
The Duplex Rooms are two guest rooms and a shared veranda per bungalow. These rooms are slightly smaller in size than the Private Bungalow although still with ample living space and have a Queen size bed, writing desk and kettle. The Duplex Rooms have interconnecting doors to make a 2-bedroom Bungalow for families.
Private Bungalows are private with spacious interiors featuring a Queen size bed, TV, writing desk with fridge and kettle and are fully air-conditioned. These bungalows have more spacious living than Duplex Rooms plus a private terrace from which to sit and view the ocean and sunsets.
Accommodation is well presented and in two lines of bungalows set thirty metres back from the ocean and screened by vegetation. Private Bungalows are private with spacious interiors featuring a Queen size bed, TV, writing desk with fridge and kettle and are fully air-conditioned. The Duplex Rooms each have two separate guest rooms and a shared veranda. These rooms are slightly smaller in size although still with ample living space and have a Queen size bed, writing desk and kettle. The Duplex Rooms have interconnecting doors to make a 2-bedroom Bungalow for families.
see our other Tonga Pictures