Independent review for Keleti Beach Resort on Tongatapu Island in the Kingdom of Tonga
Keleti Beach Resort is a small budget resort on the south coast of Tongatapu. With twelve serviced bungalows, some private, some split into two budget rooms with a shared bathroom, this affordable budget resort sits on a rugged cliff with steps leading to a secluded cove beach fronted by a narrow lagoon with a small natural swimming pool carved out metres from the deep ocean. A restaurant / bar is also perched on the cliff edge with lovely ocean views.
Keleti Beach Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Bungalow Room||2||T$ 86|
|Deluxe Bungalow||2||T$ 135|
|Studio Unit||2||T$ 145|
Keleti Beach Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on western tip of mainland Tongatapu
- Getting There: 30 minutes by road from Tonga International Airport
- Unique Qualities: Secluded cove beach, budget resort for exploring
- Ideal for: Couples, Families Backpackers
- Hotel Features: 12 Rooms and Beach Huts
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - no other restaurants close by
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Blowholes, Flying foxes
- The Beach: Good - cove beaches
- The Ocean: Average - coral lagoon with small smimming holes
- Snorkelling: Not great in lagoon but good on reef edge for confident swimmers only
- Other Activities: Exploring
All bungalows are located in a line within landscaped gardens about 20 metres back from the cliff edge. Deluxe Bungalows are private with open plan interior offering a double bed, stand-fan, small TV, en-suite bathroom and private balcony. Bungalow Rooms are split into two, with a small room on either side divided by a shared bathroom and also sharing a balcony at the front. These rooms have a stand-fan and double bed only.
Bungalow Rooms are split into two, with a small room on either side divided by a shared bathroom.
Deluxe Bungalows are private with open plan interior offering a double bed, stand-fan, small TV, en-suite bathroom and private balcony. The four Standard Rooms are located in a two storey building behind the restaurant and reception and overlooking the bungalows. These budget rooms offer a double bed and small en-suite bathroom.