Independent review for The Pearl Resort on Bora Bora Island in French Polynesia
Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort is located on a private island within Bora Lagoon. The resort features a grand reception and dining area with splendid views across the lagoon to the main island of Bora Bora and its impressive mountains. The main beach is pleasant with white sand and palm trees and the Manea Spa adds a tropical flavour. The spacious beach and garden bungalows rank amongst the best found in French Polynesia. Great for honeymoons.
Pearl Resort Bora Bora Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden Pool Suite||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 717|
|Beach Suite with Jacuzzi||3a+1c||Euro € 794|
|Overwater Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 872|
|Premium Overwater Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 910|
Pearl Resort Bora Bora Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on small motu island in western Bora Bora Lagoon
- Getting There: 50 mins flight from Tahiti International Airport, PLUS 15 mins boat
- Unique Qualities: Spacious and beautiful bungalows, fantastic outlook , wonderful spa
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 80 Bungalows, Manea Spa, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - no independent restaurants close by
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Island picnic, Scuba diving, Vaitape town, Hill walks, Lagoonarium
- The Beach: Good - fine white sand extending along resort front
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom with protected lagoon - good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - abundant reef fish and some corals off from beach
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Windsurfing, Catamarans, Outrigger Canoe
The Pearl Bora Bora features a beautifully located swimming pool overlooking the main beach and restaurant and this constitutes the main hub of the resort. At the back of the property, in stunning tropical gardens and overlooking a lily pond, is the huge Manea Spa featuring seven individual spa rooms with water treatment.
The impressive Garden and Beach Bungalows are located alongside the gorgeous main beachfront and offer outstanding living with huge bathrooms and private courtyards. All bungalows have air-con and ceiling fans. The garden bungalows are set in landscaped gardens with palm trees and are well spaced apart and in just two rows, each having a private landscaped garden with outdoor shower and jacuzzi pool.
The 50 overwater bungalows are of similar interior but without the private courtyard / outdoor shower. Instead, each bungalow has a screened veranda offering privacy, and steps into the lagoon. Three overwater bungalows are especially equipped for wheelchair access.
The resort features a huge swimming pool and a small motu island beside the overwater bungalows with jacuzzi. There's mini golf meandering throughout the landscaped gardens and a tennis court.
see our other French Polynesia Pictures