Independent review for Intercontinental Tahiti Resort on Tahiti Island in French Polynesia
Intercontinental Tahiti French Polynesia is a delightful oceanfront resort on the west coast of Tahiti with the nicest overwater bungalows on the main island and several pleasant artificial beach settings and lagoonarium. The large reception area offers a balcony with sweeping views over the ocean and towards Moorea. There's one huge swimming pool in front of the hotel and another smaller pool fronting the ocean. The hotel boasts one of the best Polynesian dance performances in French Polynesia.
Intercontinental Tahiti Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Standard Room||2a+1c||Euro € 275|
|Garden View Room||2a+1c||Euro € 308|
|Lagoon View Room||2a+1c||Euro € 346|
|Panoramic View Room||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 407|
|Panoramic Suite||2a+1c||Euro € 813|
|Overwater Bungalow - Motu||2a+1c||Euro € 518|
|Overwater Bungalow - Lagoon||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 722|
|Overwater Villa||3a+2c or 4a||Euro € 976|
Intercontinental Tahiti Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront off coastal highway on north coast of Bora Bora
- Getting There: 10 mins by road from Tahiti International Airport
- Unique Qualities: Great outlook, close to airport and Papeete Town
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Groups & Business People
- Hotel Features: 233 Rooms, 32 Bungalows, 2 swimming Pools
- Dining: 2 Restaurants & bar - independent restaurants in Papeete Town
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Papeete Town
- The Beach: Average - imported sand and artificial lagoon setting
- The Ocean: Average - can be rough but huge landscaped lagoon style swimming pool
- Snorkelling: Average - best on snorkelling trip to outer reefs
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Windsurfing, Catamarans
Hotel rooms are located within ten 3-storey hotel blocks, all fully air-conditioned. Garden Rooms are located at the far end of the property in landscaped gardens behind the Lagoon View Rooms which all face the ocean. Panoramic Rooms are located in two hotel blocks fronting an artificial beach.
The Overwater Bungalows are split into two categories: Motu Bungalows are located on the small island fronting the resort. Lagoon Overwater Bungalows are located at the southern end of the property and are built out over the lagoon.
The hotel has two international cuisine restaurants, one large area under the main reception where buffet breakfast and lunch is served, and a smaller more intimate dining experience in an overwater setting.
see our other French Polynesia Pictures