Independent review for Intercontinental Moorea Resort on Moorea Island in French Polynesia
The Intercontinental Hotel Moorea is a large international style resort set on two acres of landscaped gardens backed by mountains on the north coast of Moorea Island. The resort boasts a lovely beach, excellent swimming lagoon, Helene Spa, Kids Club, lots of partially overwater bungalows and the fantastic Dolphin Centre where guests can learn about and swim with dolphins. There's also a large protected Lagoonarium for snorkelling along with a separate area set-up as a turtle sanctuary.
Intercontinental Moorea Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Lanai Room||2a+1i||Euro € 355|
|Garden Pool Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 620|
|Beach Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 504|
|Premium Beach Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 665|
|Overwater Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 705|
|Premium Overwater Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 776|
Intercontinental Moorea Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront off coastal highway on north coast of Bora Bora
- Getting There: 10 minutes by plane from Tahiti International Airport + 20 mins by road
- Unique Qualities: Lagoonarium, Snorkelling & Dolphin Quest
- Ideal for: Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 142 Rooms & Bungalows
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - some independent restaurants close by
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Opunohu & Cooks Bay, Belvedere Lookout, Tiki Village Cultural centre
- The Beach: Good - narrow fine white sand extending along resort front
- The Ocean: Good - sandy bottom with protected lagoon - good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Excellent - abundant reef fish and turtles in Lagoonarium
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Scuba Diving, Game Fishing
Lagoon Rooms are located in two connected two story blocks extending from the beach to mountain, each with partial ocean views. All rooms are air-conditioned and have private veranda. The Garden Bungalows are set in one row, staggered behind the Beach Bungalows. All bungalows are of similar interior design with a separate lounge and large bathroom.
Overwater bungalows are located on two tiny islets with just the veranda sitting "overwater", Some have mountain and lagoon views, others have ocean views. All overwater bungalows have direct access into the lagoon.
The huge reception area with restaurant and bar offers contemporary design mixed with Polynesian colours. There's a Polynesian dance performance three times a week, one on the beach and two in the restaurant.
see our other French Polynesia Pictures