Independent review for Tamanu Beach Hotel in Aitutaki Cook Islands
Tamanu Beach Hotel Cook Islands offers 24 bungalows set around two courtyards of landscaped gardens, each with its own swimming pool and overlooking the beach and lagoon. All bungalows are of similar interior design featuring mahogany floors and thatched roofs. The hotel fronts a white sand beach and partial swimming lagoon. There's a restaurant and moped hire on site.
Tamanu Beach Hotel Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Studio Garden Bungalow||3a||NZ$ 395|
|1 Bedroom Lagoon Bungalow||3a||NZ$ 475|
|Studio Beach Front Bungalow||2a||NZ$ 575|
|1 Bedroom Beach Front Bungalow||2a||NZ$ 575|
Children Under 12yrs not permitted
Tamanu Beach Hotel Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, North West Aitutaki main island
- Getting There: 40 mins flight from Rarotonga Airport PLUS 10 mins by road
- Unique Qualities: Picturesque beach, infinity swimming pool, sunset location
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 24 Bungalows, 2 Swimming Pools
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: Under 12yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Motu Island day cruise, hill walks, beachcombing
- The Beach: Excellent - medium fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Average - part coral part sandy bottom, average for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish off from beach, excellent 5 min walk away
- Other Activities: Kayaking
The Studio Garden View Bungalows sit behind the Beach Front and lagoon View Bungalows with partial ocean views. These bungalows have a Kind size bed and are fully self-contained featuring modern kitchen facilities such as; refrigerator, microwave, gas cooker and all the cutlery and crockery you need for a self-catering vaction. Garden studios also have air conditioning, ceiling fans, hairdryer and safe.
The 1-Bedroom Villas have larger living space than the Studio Bungalows and are located around a separate swimming pool setting . Villas have a separate lounge and bedroom with ceiling fans and air-conditioning, TV, and tea and coffee facility.
The Studio Beach Front Bungalows are identical to the Garden Bungalows but sit directly on the beach front. Bungalows are fully self-contained featuring modern kitchen facilities such as; refrigerator, microwave, gas cooker and all the cutlery and crockery you need for a self-catering vaction.
The 1-Bedroom Villas have larger living space than the Studio Bungalows. Villas have a separate lounge and bedroom with ceiling fans and air-conditioning, TV, and tea and coffee facility
The beach infront of Tamanu Beach offers a wide sandy area backed by palm trees and extends for several kilometres along the west coast making it a great spot for walking. The lagoon is good for both swimming and snorkelling and the islands' best snorkelling reefs are located a ten minute walk along the beach.
Tamanu has a fine dining restaurant, beach bar for enjoying cocktails, two swimming pools, guest laundry and wireless broadband internet access. Kayaks and snorkelling gear provided plus all island tours can be arranged from the front reception. Island nights with traditional Cook Islands dancing are held at least once a week.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures