Independent review for Sunhaven Beach Bungalows in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Sunhaven Beach Bungalows Cook Islands is a small private property nestled amongst mature tropical palms at the waters edge on the western side of Rarotonga. The no children policy ensures peace and quiet and there's a fresh water pool. Complimentary use of kayaks and snorkel.
Sunhaven Beach Bungalows Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden Bungalow||4a||NZ$ 260|
|Deluxe Studio||2a||NZ$ 260|
|Beach Front Bungalow||4a||NZ$ 300|
|Beach Front Suite||4a||NZ$ 300|
Children Under 15yrs not permitted
Sunhaven Beach Bungalows Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, West Rarotonga
- Getting There: 15 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Excellent value home-style property on secluded beach
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 9 Bungalows, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Cafe at the hotel - several independent restaurants in Arorangi North
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Arorangi Village, Raemaru Track, Cultural Village, Rarotonga Golf Club
- The Beach: Good - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Average - part coral part sandy bottom, shallow at low tide
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish in outer lagoon
- Other Activities: Kayaking
The most noticeable difference between bungalows and suites is that bungalows are stand alone buildings whereas the suites, which are the larger of the two, are adjoining. Otherwise, room interiors are very similar, being fully self contained with one separate bedroom featuring - king / twin bed option - en-suite with clear glass shower enclosure - over bed ceiling fan - reading lamps and radio alarm clock. Fully equipped modern kitchen includes – filtered water – microwave oven – bench top cooker – fridge and freezer. Insect screens cover all windows.
Deluxe Studio rooms have an open plan layout, without a separate bedroom. Furnishings and features are the same as the bungalows & suites. Air-conditioning is available at an extra cost payable direct to Sunhaven on arrival
The beachfront at Sunhaven is in a very secluded spot with deep sloping white sand beach backed by tall coconut trees. There is reasonable swimming in the lagoon is safe at all-tides although the lagoon floor is patch coral so reef shoes are recommended. There's also good snorkelling directly from the beach.
There's a freshwater swimming pool with floating sun-loungers, hammocks and sun beds, a BBQ area, library, tour desk plus laundry service. There's also an on site café and small grocery store around the corner.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures