Independent review for Rau's Guesthouse in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Rau's Guesthouse Cook Islands is located on the south coast of Rarotonga, on the beach side of the main coastal road - it's a 30 second stroll across the road to a secluded white sandy beach which you can walk along for miles. Rau's Guesthouse offers great value for money for budget travellers and backpackers and is very close to Palm Grove restaurant and a supermarket.
Rau's Guesthouse Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Standard Single Room||1||n/a|
|Standard Double Room||2||n/a|
Rau's Guesthouse Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Mountain Side of coastal road, South Coast Rarotonga
- Getting There: 20 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Quiet location, spacious house with good facilities
- Ideal for: Budget Travellers
- Hotel Features: 5 Rooms
- Dining: Communal kitchen - 1 independent restaurant walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Papua Waterfall, Takitumu Rainforest, Fruits of Rarotonga, Snorkelling
- The Beach: Good - across road - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Excellent - across road - sandy bottom, good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish off from beach
- Other Activities: None
There are 5 private rooms within the house, all sharing communal facilities including a large lounge with TV, internet access, spacious fully equipped kitchen, hot water showers (his and hers) and laundry.
The beach across the coastal road from Rau's Guesthouse is a beautiful white sand beach backed by coconut palms with some of the best lagoon snorkelling reefs on Rarotonga. The guesthouse is a short walk up the beach to Palm Grove.
Rau's Guesthouse is a converted family house with communal lounge and kitchen plus washing machine in the garage and a wooden deck for relaxing outside. The owners live at another property five minutes drive away in Titikaveka Village but visit guests regularly.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures