Independent review for Rarotonga Beach Bungalows in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Located on the south side of the island, Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Cook Islands is a small, intimate property with 3 beachfront and 2 lagoon view self-contained bungalows, each with a tropical garden shower. This boutique-style, Polynesian designed accommodation sits adjacent to a marine protected area with great snorkelling. Mature palms and pure white sand separate the units to add local, simple beauty.
Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, South Coast Rarotonga
- Getting There: 20 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Peaceful location with good swimming and snorkelling
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 5 Bungalows
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: Under 12yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Fruits of Rarotonga, Snorkelling, Takitumu Rainforest, Papua Waterfall
- The Beach: Good - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Good - part coral part sandy bottom, good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish off from beach
- Other Activities: Kayaking
All five bungalows are identical with only proximity to the beach front determining price. Each bungalow has a separate living room with single day bed (garnished with tropical fish cushions) and a full kitchen with large 2 door refrigerator, long tile counter and sink, gas cook top, microwave oven, toaster, kettle, and quality glassware, crockery and utensils.
Set behind the living area is a separate, air-conditioned bedroom with dressing area, large closet, and quality king size bed. The en-suite bathroom features sink and toilet, wide tile toiletries counter, hairdryer, hidden valuables box, long wooden towel racks, and a garden shower loaded with plants and original artwork. At the front of each bungalow is a wide, covered sun deck with teak furniture and partial ocean views.
The beach around Titikaveka Village (on the south coast of Rarotonga) stretches for a kilometre in both directions and offers good privacy from the coastal road. The slightly raised beach area fronting the bungalows has soft sand, sun loungers, seating and shower. This looks directly over the palm-fringed beach and turquoise coral-strewn lagoon. The lagoon here is a marine preserve, protected from fishing and full of colourful reef fish, with fantastic and safe all-tide snorkelling.
Daily breakfast is served in the attractive “Totara” communal dining area. This is decorated in the same island style and comes complete with sofas, tea and coffee making facilities and book library. Next door to the resort is the popular “Pawpaw Patch” Restaurant. There is also an on-site laundry facility and a day-use ‘transit lounge’ available for late checkouts (for a fee.) This has two single beds and a shower.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures