Independent review for Muri Beachcomber in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Muri Beachcomber Cook Islands is in a prime location on the beachfront in the heart of Muri Beach yet it offers a serene atmosphere in beautifully landscaped gardens. This beachfront property offers excellent value for money with friendly staff and is close to restaurants and activities.
Muri Beachcomber Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden Unit - Single Person||1a||NZ$ 275|
|Garden Unit||5||NZ$ 305|
|2 Bedroom Family Garden Unit||6||NZ$ 390|
|Sea View Unit - Single Person||1a||NZ$ 340|
|Sea View Unit||3a||NZ$ 375|
|Water Garden Villa - Single Person||1a||NZ$ 405|
|Water Garden Villa||3a||NZ$ 445|
Children Under 12yrs not permitted in Seaview or Water Garden Units
Muri Beachcomber Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, , Muri Beach, East Rarotonga
- Getting There: 30 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Peaceful, gorgeous swimming beach, good snorkelling
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Groups
- Hotel Features: 22 Units, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Self Catering in all Units - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: Permitted in Family & Garden units only;
- Local Attractions / Tours: Muri Beach, Offshore Islands, Avana Valley Track
- The Beach: Excellent - deep, fine white sand, stretches along Muri Beach
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom, protected and good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - lots of reef fish around offshore island
- Other Activities: Kayaking, Windsurfing
Garden Units are located close to the reception area and swimming pool, and behind the Seaview Units. They have a large lounge / dining / kitchen space includes two single beds and a master bedroom with Queens size bed.
The sixteen Seaview Units are in duplex bungalows split into two courtyard areas next to the beachfront. All units have an open plan kitchen and lounge area with separate bedroom and have spacious living with colourful furnishings.
The family unit is located above the main reception at the entrance of the property and has two bedrooms, one bathroom and a lounge and kitchen area
The Water Garden Villas are the most spacious and comfortable accommodations and are stand alone bungalows set in an attractive garden setting. The Villas have a large private veranda, spacious lounge and kitchen and separate bedroom.
Muri Beach is the premier beach location on Rarotonga and Muri Beachcomber lies at its heart. The sandy beach stretches roughly a kilometre in both directions and the sandy bottom lagoon infront of the resort is good for swimming, kayaking and windsurfing. There's also good snorkelling a short swim across the lagoon towards the uninhabited islet.
The resort has a managed reception open throughout the day to organise any tours and to provide any assistance needed. There's a small swimming pool enclosed by tropical gardens beside the reception and the resort provides complimentary snorkel equipment, kayaks and BBQs.
Muri Beachcomber has 16 condo-style Seaview Units sleeping a maximum of three persons, two Family Garden Units sleeping up to four persons, three Deluxe villas and one 2-bedroom Family Garden Unit. All units have a separate bedroom, living/dining area, well-equipped kitchen and bathroom with shower.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures