Independent review for Moana Sands Hotel in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Moana Sands Hotel Cook Islands is a small beachfront hotel overlooking the peaceful white sands of South Rarotonga. Hotel rooms are over three floors, with deluxe studio rooms being extremely spacious and with small kitchenette. All rooms have balconies and overlook the beach. The lagoon has good swimming, excellent snorkelling and kayaks are available for guest use. Small restaurant on site.
Moana Sands Hotel Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Beach Front Studio Room||3||NZ$ 350|
|Beach Front Deluxe Studio Room||2a||NZ$ 440|
Moana Sands Hotel Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, Titikaveka, South Rarotonga
- Getting There: 30 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Peaceful swimming beach, great snorkelling
- Ideal for: Couples, Families
- Hotel Features: 22 Rooms
- Dining: Restaurant on site
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Fruits of Rarotonga, Snorkelling, Takitumu Rainforest, Papua Waterfall
- The Beach: Excellent - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Good - part coral part sandy bottom, good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Excellent - lots of coral heads and reef fish off from beach
- Other Activities: Kayaking
The ground and second floor house the air-conditioned superior rooms, with the ground floor having interconnecting rooms for families. All superior rooms have a king size bed, kitchenette with microwave, electric frying pan, toaster and tea / coffee making facilities, a small bathroom with shower and a patio with beach and ocean views.
The best views are from the 5 Beach Front Deluxe Rooms on the third floor. These rooms are more spacious than the standard rooms and have a TV. All rooms have a king size bed, bathroom with shower, kitchenette with microwave, electric frying pan, toaster and tea / coffee making facilities.
The white sand beach infront of Moana Sands stretches for miles in each direction and is backed by palm trees, although the beach is on the very southern tip and receives less sunshine than the west and east coast. The part sandy bottom lagoon has the islands best snorkelling close by (5 minutes by kayak) and both kayaks and snorkelling equipment are complimentary.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures