Independent review for Manuia Beach Hotel in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Manuia Beach Hotel is located alongside a white sandy beach on the west coast of Rarotonga with 24 Polynesian style thatched bungalows, six of which are absolute beachfront. Peaceful and tranquil the hotel offers a romantic getaway ( no guests under the age of 16 years).
Manuia Beach Hotel Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, off main road, West Rarotonga
- Getting There: 10 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Gorgeous swimming beach, quiet and laid back holiday atmosphere
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 24 Bungalows, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - four independent restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: Under 16yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Arorangi Village, Rarotonga Golf Club, Cultural Village, Avarua Town
- The Beach: Excellent - deep, fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Good - part coral part sandy bottom, good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish off from beach
- Other Activities: Kayaking
Garden Suites are duplex bungalows (two suites per bungalow, each with private veranda) set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens with sand parthways. All bungalows are similar in interior design offering spacious living with a large L-shaped living area with queen size and single bed and lounge area off which is a separate bathroom. All units offer ceiling fans and air-conditioning and are fully screened.
Beach Front Suites have similar interiors to the Garden Suites and are in duplex bungalows to the side of the swimming pool and overlooking the beach through vegetation. All bungalows are similar in interior design offering spacious living with a large L-shaped living area with queen size and single bed and lounge area off which is a separate bathroom. All units offer ceiling fans and air-conditioning and are fully screened. Each bungalow has a private veranda.
Manuia sits right on a wide stretch of beach with a mix of fine white sand and coral rocks. It's great for beachcombing and lounging but the lagoon is mostly rocky and not particularly good for swimming, although snorkelling is OK in the outer lagoon. The swimming pool and sunbathing area is also right on the beach making this a great spot for relaxation.
The on-site “Right on the Beach” restaurant and bar is open all day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The a-la-carte menu offers meat, fish and seafood dishes, with a further ‘Specials’ menu of chicken, salads and pasta. The dinner menus are available 5 nights a week, with a weekly barbecue offered , and a weekly “Island Night” (days may vary) which includes an island dance show. The bar has a daily happy hour and is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the sunset.
On-site amenities include complimentary snorkelling equipment, internet facilities, TV lounge, tour desk, 2- and 4-seater bike rental, small souvenir shop at reception, laundry facilities (for a fee), and luggage store and shower room for guests requiring late checkout. Scuba Diving and car rental can also be arranged nearby. Avarua Town is a ten minute drive to the north and there are several good restaurants walking distance.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures