Independent review for Lagoon Breeze Villas in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Lagoon Breeze Villas Cook Islands offers affordable self-catering and serviced bungalows in a pleasant garden setting across the road from a quiet beach making this a great choice for families and couples seeking an affordable base
Lagoon Breeze Villas Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Garden Setting on main road, West Coast Rarotonga
- Getting There: 15 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Excellent value small resort with spacious bungalows
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Groups
- Hotel Features: 21 Units, Swimming Pool
- Dining: All bungalows are self-catering - otherwise, independent restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Aroa Beach, Arorangi Village, Cultural Village, Raemaru Track
- The Beach: Beach across road has medium coarse sand
- The Ocean: Lagoon across is shallow at low tide, not practical for swimming
- Snorkelling: Some coral and reef fish in outer lagoon
- Other Activities: None
The Studio Rooms are semi-detached units offer comfortable holiday stays for up to three. Sleeping is in a common area with the lounge, dining and kitchen area. Bedding is a Queen and Single bed. Kitchen offers fridge/freezer, gas cooker, microwave and all necessary crockery & cutlery. There is a separate bathroom / toilet / shower and outdoor terracing. Louvre window systems are insect screened and ceiling fans provided.
The 1-Bedroom bungalows are very spacious and have a separate bedroom with a queen bed plus two beds in the lounge area. There is a dining setting, full bathroom / shower toilet and full kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave, gas cooker and all crockery & cutlery. A good sized covered terrace with outdoor dining setting is attached.
The 2 Bedroom Villas have a large open planned kitchen lounge and dining area opening to an extensive deck area. The main bedroom has its own en-suite and offers a ‘split’ king bed. The other bedroom also has a ‘split’ super king together with a single bed. The main bathroom and shower area is separate. The kitchen is equipped with full size gas hot plates, electric oven, refrigerator/freezer, CD stereo player, dishwasher, microwave, full crockery and cutlery. Dining can be inside or on the large patio undercover outdoors. Each Villa sits on its own quarter acre section and offers partial views of the lagoon from the deck areas. Daily servicing is provided, with maximum occupancy six persons and children welcome into these units.
Hotel AmenitiesLagoon Breeze Villas has a swimming pool located amongst landscaped gardens. Access to the beach is across the coastal road (there's not much traffic on Rarotonga). The beach is white sand mixed with coral particles and backed by low shrubs and ironwood trees. The beach meanders along the coast for several kilometres making it good for exploring. Like much of West Rarotonga, the lagoon is only average for swimming (there's a shallow sandy bottom area close to shore for dipping in) and snorkelling is reasonable further out towards the reef's edge but is often too shallow at low tide with exposed coral patches.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures