Independent review for Kura's Kabanas in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Kura's Kabanas Cook Islands is a small family run property on the edge of Muri Beach and offers affordable self contained bungalows. This is a good base for those looking for a quiet holiday but with easy access to the water activities and restaurants of Muri.
Kura's Kabanas Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Family Studio Unit||2a+2c or 3a||NZ$ 200|
Kura's Kabanas Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, North Muri, East Rarotonga
- Getting There: 30 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Locally owned, friendly atmosphere, close to offshore islands
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 7 Bungalows
- Dining: Self catering - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome: under 12yrs share for free in Family Unit ; sleeps 2 children+infant
- Local Attractions / Tours: Muri Beach, Offshore Islands, Avana Valley Track, Fruits of Rarotonga
- The Beach: Average - very narrow fine white sand, broadens as head towards Muri Beach
- The Ocean: Good - sandy bottom, shallow at low tide, otherwise good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Average - shalklow lagoon - some reef fish closer to offshore island
- Other Activities: Kayaking
The four fully self-contained studio type Kabanas are staggered in a line allowing ocean views from each. These bungalows have an en-suite bathroom and separate kitchenette and a private sundeck
The two Family Units are set back from the beach and Kabanas, above the communal laundry and guest reception office.
The beach directly in front of the Kabanas is very narrow and the tide comes right up to the grass at high tide. However, its a short stroll along the beachfront to the wider expanse of sand at Muri. The lagoon in front of the Kabanas is shallow and sandy bottom making it great for young kids to enjoy. At low tide, guests can walk across the lagoon to two uninhabited islets with a secluded sandy beach. It's a five minute stroll along the beach front to Muri Beach proper where the lagoon is better for swimming..
All bungalows have access to a large wooden deck overlooking the beach and lagoon where there are hammocks, sun loungers and BBQ facilities.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures