Independent review for Kings Beach Villas in Rarotonga Cook Islands
King's Beach Villas Cook Islands is located at the Southern end of Muri Beach along a quiet yet picturesque stretch of white sand, facing the island of Taokaa. With just two duplex cottages and self-catering facilities, this is a good choice for budget travellers looking for comfortable yet simple living.
Kings Beach Villas Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, off main road, South Muri Beach, East Rarotonga
- Getting There: 30 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Delightful quiet beach setting close to action of Muri
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 2 Bungalows
- Dining: Self catering - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome: under 12yrs share for free; max 2 adults and 1 child per bungalow
- Local Attractions / Tours: Muri Beach, Offshore Islands, Avana Valley Track, Fruits of Rarotonga
- The Beach: Excellent - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom and protected, ideal for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish off from beach, better around islands
- Other Activities: Kayaking
The two villas are identical in design, each with a lounge, kitchen, separate bedroom, hot water bathroom and private wooden veranda overlooking the beach. These bungalows are duplex style, sharing a common wall, but are slightly staggered enabling privacy from each veranda.
The gorgeous beach in front of the villas is a long sweeping expanse of soft pale-golden sand, lined with shady, sloping palms, that stretches right round Muri Lagoon. The swimming here is safe, if a little rocky, but there is a sandy sea-bed further round the lagoon.
see our other Cook Islands Pictures