Independent review for Kia Orana Beach Bungalows in Rarotonga Cook Islands
Kia Orana Beach Bungalows Cook Islands is set on a picturesque beachfront at the southern end of Arorangi Village on the west coast of Rarotonga. The four self-catering bungalows are set on family land with the family house at the front of the garden beside the main road. This is a poorly managed property which we are not presently selling to our clients.
Kia Orana Beach Bungalows Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, off main road, West Rarotonga
- Getting There: 10 mins by road from Rarotonga Airport
- Unique Qualities: Family operated bungalows alongside picturesque beach setting
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 4 Bungalows
- Dining: No restaurant - several independent restaurants a five minute drive away
- Children Policy: Not practical
- Local Attractions / Tours: Arorangi Village, Rarotonga Golf Club, Cultural Village, Avarua Town
- The Beach: Good - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Average - part coral part sandy bottom, too shallow for swimming
- Snorkelling: Average - some coral and reef fish off from beach
- Other Activities: None
The four bungalows are identical in interior layout with an open plan living / sleeping area offering queen size bed, small TV, dining table and kitchenette, a hot water bathroom and veranda with table and chairs. The two Ocean View Bungalows are set directly behind the beachfront bungalows.
The beachfront lies close to Arorangi Village and is of part coral sand. The lagoon is too rocky for swimming or snorkelling although there are a few sandy bottom "pools" you can lie in.