Independent review for Aretai Beach Villas in Aitutaki Cook Islands
Aretai beach bungalows Cook Islands is a collection of three 2-bedroom villas with separate lounge and kitchen. Each villa has a large covered deck overlooking the lagoon and the beachfront stretches for miles in each direction.
Aretai Beach Villas Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront, on main road, North West Aitutaki main island
- Getting There: 40 mins flight from Rarotonga Airport PLUS 5 mins by road
- Unique Qualities:  Spacious self-catering bungalows right on beach
- Ideal for: Couples, Families
- Hotel Features: 3 Self-contained Bungalows
- Dining: No restaurant - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome: over 2yrs pay adult rate ; max 4/5 people per bungalow
- Local Attractions / Tours: Motu Island day cruise, hill walks, beachcombing
- The Beach: Good - fine white sand extending along coast
- The Ocean: Average - part coral part sandy bottom, average for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some coral and reef fish off from beach, excellent 10 mins walk away
- Other Activities: Kayaking
The Lagoon View Villa is tucked behind the Beach Front Villas with partial ocean views. This villa is slightly larger in size and has a master bedroom (the bathroom has shower, toilet and pedestal basin), 2nd bedroom with twin beds, lounge, dining area and a separate kitchen with full cooking facilities, including oven, microwave and fridge plus freezer. Quality cane furniture is used throughout the villas in attractive colours with an island flavour and there are ceiling fans in both bedrooms and living are
Two villas are absolute beachfront with a spacious veranda. Each Villa has a master bedroom and 2nd bedroom with twin beds, a modern kitchen with full cooking facilities, including oven, microwave and fridge plus freezer. Quality cane furniture is used throughout the villas in attractive colours with an island flavour and there are ceiling fans in the lounge and both bedrooms. All windows have insect screens and wooden blinds, with ceiling fans in both bedrooms and living area.
The beach infront of Aretai Bungalows is of fine white sand with broken coral pieces. The lagoon is part coral, part sandy with areas good for swimming and others good for snorkelling.
There is a shared laundry behind the villas with fully automatic washing machine and ironing facilities
see our other Cook Islands Pictures