Independent review for Tongan Beach Resort in Vava'u, the Kingdom of Tonga
Tongan Beach Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Beachfront Double Room||2||A$ 230|
|Beachfront Family Room||4||A$ 230|
Tongan Beach Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: On Pangaimotu Island, overlooking harbour passage in Vava'u Group
- Getting There: 55 minutes flight to Vava'u Airport + 30 mins by road
- Unique Qualities: Quiet beachfront setting with activities and close access to Neiafu
- Ideal for: Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 12 rooms in duplex bungalows, swimming pool, pontoon
- Dining: Excellent restaurant & bar with overwater dining option; also close to Neiafu
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Humpback whales, boat tours, walking trails
- The Beach: Good, medium sand around point
- The Ocean: Good for swimming, part sandy bottom, protected, no waves
- Snorkelling: Average, off from beach
- Other Activities: Game fishing, sailing charters, day cruises, scuba diving
Guest rooms are in bungalows set 20 metres back from the beach. Beachfront Double Rooms have a super King size beds, modern en-suite bathroom and private sun deck with table and chair.
The beachfront family rooms are set 20 metres back from the beach and located in a separate section at the far end of the property. These rooms are larger in size than the standard rooms with two rooms per bungalow and offering interconnecting doors for larger families. Interiors feature either a King size bed or a Queen and two Single beds and en-suite bathrooms. These rooms have a large covered sun deck for lounging.
The beach at the Tongan is small but secluded and backed by coconut palms for shade. There’s a good sandy bottom swimming lagoon directly from the beach and good snorkelling reefs further out, easily accessible along a wooden pier. An atmospheric sand floor sunset bar views opens out to a large wooden deck with informal yet quality dining.
The Tongan Beach Resort is located on Utungake Island with road access across two small bridges to Neiafu Town (fifteen minutes) and lies on the channel to Port of Refuge meaning all boat charters / sailing cruises from Neiafu will pass by and pick-up on their day trips to the islands.
see our other Tonga Pictures