Independent review for Savaii Lagoon Resort on Savaii Island in Samoa
Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa is a small resort on the north coast of Savaii Island with ten bungalows along a lovely beachfront with amazing views of the mountains south of Manase. With good swimming and snorkelling offshore, affordable yet comfortable beachfront accommodation and close to the islands main sightseeing attraction, the Lava Fields, this is a fantastic value base for holidaymakers.
Savaii Lagoon Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Studio Beach Front Unit||2||A$ 150|
|Standard Beach Front Villa||2a+3c||A$ 160|
|Superior Garden Villa||3||A$ 193|
|Superior Beach Front Villa||3||A$ 205|
|Waters Edge Beach Front Villa||3||A$ 215|
Savaii Lagoon Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on north east coast of Savaii Island
- Getting There: 1hr ferry to Savaii Island PLUS 35 minutes by road
- Unique Qualities: Excellent value beach resort on Savaii with self-catering facilities
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 10 Bungalows, Scuba Diving centre across road
- Dining: Restaurant at hotel - two independent restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Lava Fields, Turtle Sanctuary, Manase Beach
- The Beach: Excellent - white sandy beach infront of resort with stunning views
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom and shallow with little waves
- Snorkelling: Good offshore from beach - excellent 15mins walk along beach
- Other Activities: Kayaking, Scuba Diving
There is just one Studio Unit with open plan living including a Queen size bed and small kitchenette with basic cooking facilities. This unit has a shaded sun deck facing the beach and is ideal for couples on a budget wanting to stay on the beachfront.
There is one Garden Bungalow which is set behind the beach bungalow. This bungalow has a separate bedroom with a queen size bed, en-suite bathroom, lounge area with TV and a small kitchen area with cooking facilitie. There is also provision for single beds and a push down settee to cater for families.
There is one Garden Bungalow which is set behind the beach bungalow. This bungalow has open plan living with a double and single bed, a small lounge area with TV and a simple kitchen area with cooking facilities.
The four beach front villas sit slightly back from the beachfront with light vegetation infront for privacy. Two bungalows have open plan living whilst another two have a separate bedroom / lounge area. Both have a queen size bed, en-suite bathroom, lounge area with TV and a small kitchenette with basic cooking facilities. There is also provision for single beds and a push down settee to cater for families.
The Water's Edge Villa is set apart from the other bungalows and has a spacious L-shaped open plan interior (no separate bedroom) with a kitchen in one side and Queen size bed on the other side. This villa has a large bathroom featuring an open air shower and a delightful veranda with stunning views over the lagoon.
Savaii Lagoon Resort is a good spot for dining - not only do all bungalows have cooking facilities but there's also a beach bar and restaurant onsite, a pizza restaurant next door and guests can dine at Le Lagoto Resort which is a short stroll along the beach.The resort has installed a UV filter to ensure that all water is safe to drink and offers complimentary dinghies, petanque, kayaks and a small library. In addition, bicycles are available for hire.