Independent review for Koulnoue Village Resort in Noumea the capital of New Caledonia
Koulnoue Village Resort New Caledonia is a medium size beachfront resort located a few kilometres south of the Hienghene and its scenic coastline. Accommodation is in 25 duplex bungalows with 50 rooms in total, set in a large coconut plantation fronting a greyish coarse sand beach and backed by grassy hills. With 19 family rooms, Koulnoue is a good choice for families looking for an affordable beach holiday or for travellers exploring the regions scenic coastline.
Koulnoue Village Resort Rooms & Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Bungalow Room||2||Euro € 164|
|Family Room||8||Euro € 164|
Koulnoue Village Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach front on north east coast of Grand Terre
- Getting There: 4-hrs drive from Tontouta Airport
- Unique Qualities: Secluded beach front, good sightseeing
- Ideal for: Couples, Families
- Hotel Features: 50 Rooms, Swimming Pool, Scuba Diving, Tennis
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar on site
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Hienghene Coast, Offshore Islands
- The Beach: Good - sand beach extending along coastline
- The Ocean: Good - sandy bottom, some wave action
- Snorkelling: Average - some reef fish off from beach
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Kayaking, Paddle Boats
Accommodation is in slightly ageing duplex bungalows but with adequate furnishings including a double bed, wardrobe, writing desk, TV, fridge and air-conditioning or ceiling fans. There’s a separate toilet and bathroom with shower and all bungalows have sun chairs and small patio.
Accommodation in the Family Bungalows is in duplex bungalows with a double bed, wardrobe, writing desk, TV, fridge and air-conditioning or ceiling fans – family rooms have the same living space but with additional bunk bed. There’s a separate toilet and bathroom with shower and all bungalows have sun chairs and small patio.
The pretty coconut lined beachfront offers stunning views along the coast and overlooking several small offshore coral islands where day trips can be arranged for snorkelling and picnics. There’s a decent size swimming pool, large restaurant serving good buffet meals, a tennis court and dive centre.