Independent review for Hotel Tieti Poindimie on Grand Terre in New Caledonia
Hotel Tieti Poindimie is a mid-size resort on the tropical east coast of Grand Terre, a three hour drive to the south. With a long sweeping sandy beach and decent swimming lagoon, mountains to explore and stylish accommodation, Hotel Tieti Poindimie is the most upmarket resort on Grand Terre outside of Noumea.
Hotel Tieti Poindimie Rooms & Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Standard Room||3||Euro € 265|
|Tropical Garden Bungalow||3||Euro € 310|
|Beachfront Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 395|
|Family Room||2a+4c||Euro € 350|
|Family Bungalow||2a+4c||Euro € 420|
Hotel Tieti Poindimie Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach front on East Coast of Grand Terre
- Getting There: 2-hrs drive north of Tontouta Airport
- Unique Qualities: Relaxing atmosphere, great base for sightseeing
- Ideal for: Couples, Families
- Hotel Features: 37 Rooms, Swimming Pool, Scuba Diving
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar on site
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Hienghene Coast
- The Beach: Good - sandy beach extending infront of resort
- The Ocean: Good - deep sandy bottom, good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - some reef fish off from beach and coral reefs further out
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Kayaking
Twenty standard hotel rooms are located in the resort gardens in two double storey wings located behind the bungalows from the ocean. Interconnecting rooms for families can sleep up to six people.A
Ten duplex bungalows have two guest rooms each and have stylishly outfitted interiors. Families can take both rooms in the bungalow to make a two bedroom, two bathroom Family Bungalow.
The ten Beach Front Bungalows are located directly on the beachfront and these are stand-alone bungalows with open plan living and private veranda's.
There’s a swimming pool between the restaurant and beach, a la carte dining and a large contemporary bar for socializing and chilling. Tieti Tera makes a good base for a holiday with a mix of exploring the island’s varied coastline, visiting local tribal villages, enjoying scuba diving and snorkelling or simply relaxing on the beach.