Independent review for Hotel Kodjeue on the Isle of Pines in New Caledonia
Hotel Kodjeue New Caledonia is the most affordable hotel on the Isle of Pines offering spacious garden bungalows and absolute beachfront villas on the quiet east coast of the island making this a great choice for a budget beach holiday. There’s a small swimming pool and basic hotel amenities including restaurant and boutique shop.
Hotel Kodjeue Rooms & Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Standard Bungalow||3a||Euro € 200|
|Garden Deluxe Bungalow||3a||Euro € 247|
|Beach Deluxe Bungalow||2a||Euro € 347|
|Beach Suite Villa||4a||Euro € 381|
Hotel Kodjeue Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach front resort on west coast of Isle de Pines
- Getting There: 20-minute flight from Noumea or 2-hrs by boat + 10-minutes by road
- Unique Qualities: Secluded beach location, good scuba diving
- Ideal for: Couples, Families
- Hotel Features: 31 Bungalows, Swimming Pool, Scuba Diving Centre
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar on site
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Isle d'Oro, Kuto Bay, Natural Swimming Pool
- The Beach: Good - white sand beach extending infront of promenade
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom, protected, good for watersports
- Snorkelling: Good - some reef fish off from beach and coral reefs further out
- Other Activities: Scuba Diving, Windsurfing, Kayaking
Standard duplex style bungalows offer a small lounge area with single bed, Satellite TV, air-conditioning and coffee / tea making enclave, a small master bedroom with en-suite shower and a private balcony with partial sea views.
Garden Deluxe Bungalows have larger interiors than standard bungalows and more spacious bathrooms with sunken baths. Otherwise furnishings are similar with satellite TV, air-conditioning and coffee / tea making enclave.
The eight Deluxe Beach Bungalows have large verandas on cement stilts extending directly over the beachfront. These bungalows have a small lounge and separate bedroom sleeping two people only. Furnishings include satellite TV, air-conditioning and coffee / tea making enclave.
The four Beach Suites also sit directly over the beachfront and these have larger living with a spacious lounge and can sleep up to four people. Furnishings include satellite TV, air-conditioning and coffee / tea making enclave.
Accommodation is in one of 21 bungalows in spacious gardens with large lawn areas between bungalows, or 10 beach bungalows. There’s car hire on site and the hotel offers complimentary transfers to Kuto Bay twice a day. Scuba diving is excellent off the coast and there’s a scuba diving centre close by.