Independent review for Chez Ihage Tribal Huts Lifou Island, in the Loyalty Islands of New Caledonia
Chez Ihage New Caledonia is collection of budget tribal huts in the village of Luecila facing a beautiful lagoon it’s less than a minute walk to the long sweeping sandy beach of We. With three traditional huts sharing communal hot water showers and flush toilets, this is a great option for backpackers and budget travellers looking to enjoy the prime location on Lifou and easy access to the beach.
Chez Ihage Tribal Huts Rooms & Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Thatched Hut||5||Euro € 69|
Chez Ihage Tribal Website Information & Fact
- Hotel Location: Ocean front in tribal village, outskirts of We, east coast Lifou Island
- Getting There: 40-minute flight from Noumea + 20-minute by road
- Unique Qualities: Traditional Accommodation, Village Culture
- Ideal for: Travellers and Backpackers
- Hotel Features: 3 Huts
- Dining: Meals prepared, self service kitchen or several restaurants in We
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: We Beach, Village Visits, Island Sightseeing
- The Beach: Excellent - white sand beach extending along coastline
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom, protected, good for watersports
- Snorkelling: Good - some good reefs along outer lagoon
- Other Activities: Windsurfing, Kite Surfing at We Centre
Thatched hut with screened window, padlock on door and either a double bed or a double bunk bed. Shared bathroom.
Chez Jeanette has a communal dining area with kitchen for self-catering or for an additional fee and with prior arrangement, Jeanette can cook local style meals for guests.