Independent review for Tanna Evergreen Lodge on Tanna Island in Vanuatu
Tanna Evergreen Lodge Vanuatu is a small resort perched on a limestone rocky coastline five minutes drive north of Tanna Airport. With ten bungalows set in tropical vegetation and a restaurant with a la carte dining and partial ocean views, this locally owned property makes an affordable but adequately comfortable base to explore the island, its custom villages and the Yasur Volcano, 2-hr drive across the island (daily afternoon tours).
Tanna Evergreen Lodge Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden Bungalow - share bath||2||V$ 8,000|
|Garden Bungalow - ensuite||4||V$ 10,000|
|Ocean View Bungalow||3||V$ 13,000|
|Family Bungalow||5||V$ 13,000|
Tanna Evergreen Lodge Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Rocky coastline, West Coast, Tanna
- Getting There: 5 mins by road from Tanna Airport (White Grass)
- Unique Qualities: Small affordable locally owned resort
- Ideal for: Couples, Families
- Hotel Features: 10 Bungalows
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar on site
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Ipai Kastom Village, Blue Hole, Mt Yasur Volcano
- The Beach: Rocky oceanfront
- The Ocean: Not practical for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good but on outer reef and for confident swimmers only
- Other Activities: None
Five bungalows are perched on the limestone ledge with queen size bed, en-suite bathroom and ocean views through light vegetation.
The farthest of the Ocean View bungalows is the Honeymoon Bungalow and has the best ocean views and most privacy.
The Family Bungalow combines the two Garden Bungalows which are joined in the middle by a bathroom and have two separate bedrooms units.
Accommodation at Tanna Evergreen Bungalows is in simply crafted with cement walls and thatch roofing.
see our other Vanuatu Pictures