Independent review for Deco Stop Lodge on Espiritu Santo Island in Vanuatu
Deco Stop Lodge Vanuatu is a budget resort located on a suburban hill overlooking Luganville Town and Aore Island. The lodge is a ten minute walk to town, close to the hospital and has dive cleaning facilities and storage for scuba divers. With an attractive pool surrounded by wooden decking and a cosy restaurant with views, games room and internet café, this is a popular spot for scuba divers to dive the impressive Coolidge Wreck and nearby reefs.
Deco Stop Lodge Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Dorm Room - Ensuite||4||V$ 5,400 pp|
|Double Room - Fan||2a + 1c or 2a||V$ 13,200|
|Double Room - Air-con||2a + 1c or 2a||V$ 13,200|
|Family Room - Air-con||5||V$ 14,900|
Deco Stop Lodge Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Town Setting, Luganville, South Coast, Espiritu Santo
- Getting There: 8 mins by road from Santo Airport (Pekoa)
- Unique Qualities: Budget dive centre, great views
- Ideal for: Divers, Groups, Couples
- Hotel Features: 12 Rooms, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - several restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Million Dollar Point, SS President Coolidge
- The Beach: No - Located on Hillside above Luganville Town
- The Ocean: No
- Snorkelling: On Day Tours only
- Other Activities: Daily Dives - Dive Lockers and Wash Tanks
Budget accommodation is in six shared rooms, each with two single beds and a bunk bed for single travellers. The rooms have a communal sitting area overlooking lawns and the lagoon beyond.
The double rooms are perched on the hilltop and have timber floors, a queen and single bed, ceiling fan and en-suite hot water bathroom.
The dorm beds can easily be converted to a family room for four people, with a double bed and a bunk bed for children. The family unit has a private bathroom.
Deco Lodge can accommodation single travellers, couples and families on a budget.