Independent review for Bokissa Island Resort on Espiritu Santo Island in Vanuatu
Bokissa Private Island Resort Vanuatu is a secluded private island resort off the southern tip of Santo with a delightful white sandy beachfront, fabulous snorkelling lagoon and laid back atmosphere. With just sixteen bungalows Bokissa makes for the perfect honeymoon in Vanuatu.The resort has a great beach and is the and a private PADI scuba diving set up, making it the only luxury hotel for diving the superb reefs and the world famous wreck, the SS President Coolidge. The circular coral island is environmentally managed and has beautiful rainforest walks and bird-life.
Bokissa Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on small private island off South Coast Espiritu Santo
- Getting There: 5 mins by road from Santo Airport (pekoa) + 30 mins by boat to island
- Unique Qualities: Private island resort, great beach, great snorkelling
- Ideal for: Couples, Honeymoons
- Hotel Features: 16 Bungalows, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar on site
- Children Policy: Children under 12yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Kayaking around Malo Island, SS President Coolidge
- The Beach: Excellent, deep soft white sand
- The Ocean: Excellent for swimming, some wave action
- Snorkelling: Excellent off the beach, even better on outer reef trip
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Fishing, on-site Scuba Diving
Beach Front Fares are traditionally designed bungalows with thatch roofs offer good privacy and are set twenty metres back from the beachfront amongst tropical gardens and ancient trees. All bungalows are open plan and airy with wooden slated louvre windows, high ceilings, ceramic tile floors, air-conditioning, ceiling fan. Bungalows have a queen size bed and single bed, 24-hr electricity mini-bar and drinkable rainwater.
This luxury private villa combines Villa A with an attached second living area Villa B. Villa A features split level living with the master bedroom on the upper level, lounge on the lower level leading out to a wooden veranda looking directly over the beach. Villa B offers a second bedroom separated by an open plan Jacuzzi and courtyard.
All bungalows at Bokissa Private Island Resort offer good privacy and are set twenty metres back from the beachfront amongst tropical gardens and ancient trees. Dining is communal with contemporary cuisine, a fine selection of wines and is usually held outside under the stars.
There’s a swimming pool with swim-up bar and a comprehensive PADI dive centre including diver propulsion vehicles. Dugongs and manta rays can sometimes be seen by divers and snorkellers off the island.
see our other Vanuatu Pictures