Independent review for Aore Island Resort on Espiritu Santo Island in Vanuatu
Aore Island Resort Vanuatu is a mid market beachfront property on the northern side of peaceful Aore Island, ten minutes by small boat across the bay from Luganville Town. With a part coral-sand beachside setting and good snorkelling in the lagoon, Aore is a good value holiday resort for couples and families or a comfortable island base for scuba diving the Coolidge Wreck and other nearby dive sites.
Aore Island Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden View Studio||2||A$ 239|
|1 Bedroom Garden View||2a+2c or 3a||A$ 266|
|Beach Front Studio Room||2||A$ 306|
|1 Bedroom Beach Front||2a+2c or 3a||A$ 346|
Aore Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on small island off South Coast Espiritu Santo
- Getting There: 5 mins by road from Santo Airport (Pekoa)+10 mins by boat
- Unique Qualities: Island resort atmosphere, scuba diving
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Scuba Divers
- Hotel Features: 18 Bungalows, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar on site
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Luganville Town, Million Dollar Point, SS President Coolidge
- The Beach: Average: coarse sand, narrow at high tide
- The Ocean: Good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good coral reef off the jetty
- Other Activities: Kayaks
The studios are in cement individual bungalows with ceramic tiled floors, hand-crafted timber furnishings, Queen size bed and small verandas and bathrooms.
The 1-bedroom bungalows are of wooden structure with high ceilings and have separate bedrooms and lounges (which can have 2 single beds on request), both with doors to the private wooden veranda.
Aore Island Resort has an traditional atmospheric restaurant overlooking the ocean with a diverse yet affordable a la carte menu. Behind is a small shop and office with internet access for guests. PADI scuba diving is offered by two local companies, one of which conducts its PADI instruction courses in the shallow lagoon off from the resort. The sheltered bay is also a popular anchorage for visiting yachts between may and October. There’s an excellent 2-hr guided walk through plantations and rainforest to Aore’s hill lookout. Guests can catch the schedule ferry to Luganville Town for free which departs Aore Island approximately five times a day.
see our other Vanuatu Pictures