Independent review for Iririki Island Resort in Port Vila Vanuatu
Iririki Island Resort Vanuatu is a 69 acre private island facing downtown Port Vila and combines two upmarket resorts under the same management: Iririki Resort has 70 bungalows for adults only with no children under 12yrs allowed; Snorkellers Cove has 61 spacious contemporary rooms in five hotel wings for couples and families. Both resorts access the Leisure Precinct with its huge swimming pool and tennis courts, a recreational beachfront on the east side of the island, a protected snorkelling lagoon on the west side of the island, and a 24-hr ferry to shuttle guests back and forth between the island and downtown Port Vila.
Iririki Island Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Island Fare (Garden View)||3a||V$ 19,333|
|Island Fare||3a||V$ 33,792|
|Water Front Fare||2a||V$ 41,903|
|Deluxe Pool View Room||3a + 2c||V$ 41,903|
|Deluxe Ocean View Room||3a + 2c||V$ 45,958|
|Penthouse Suite||3a + 2c||V$ 61,510|
Iririki Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Private Island off downtown Port Vila, Efate Island
- Getting There: 10 mins by road from Bauerfield Airport + 3 mins by boat
- Unique Qualities: Private Island facing Port Vila town, full service resort
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Groups
- Hotel Features: 131 Rooms, 2 Swimming Pools, Tennis
- Dining: 3 Restaurant & 2 Bars at the hotel - 24-hr ferry to Port Vila restaurants
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Port Vila
- The Beach: Average: small sand beach on one corner of island
- The Ocean: Good: pretty yacht filled lagoon facing downtown
- Snorkelling: Good on western side of island
- Other Activities: Kayaks, catamaran
Accommodation is in one of 61 contemporary designed apartments with spacious living area including kitchens with both dishwasher and washing machines and open style bedroom with split king size beds. All rooms have spa baths on their balconies.
Deluxe Ocean View Rooms are identical in design to the Deluxe Pool View Rooms and have spacious living area including kitchens with both dishwasher and washing machines and open style bedroom with split king size beds. All rooms have spa baths on their balconies.
Penthouse Suites are spread over three levels, with an open plan bedroom and lounge on the lower floor, kitchen and dining area on the middle floor and mezzanine master bedroom with queen size bed, en-suite bathroom with bathtub and private sundeck on the top level
Iririki Island Resort is located on the east side of Iririki Island, north of the main jetty and is dedicated to adults only. Accommodation is in one of 70 stand-alone bungalows, either on the water’s edge overlooking downtown Port Vila or in the landscaped hilly gardens some with partial ocean views. Guests at the resort have their own private swimming pool beside the Michener Restaurant as well as exclusive access to Spa Frangipani.
Snorkellers Cove is located on the west side of Iririki Island Resort, ten minutes walk from the island’s jetty. Accommodation is in six 3- storey modern buildings offering 132 contemporary studio rooms and apartments sleeping between two and six people. There’s convenient dining either at the Watermark Restaurant or the Sunset Café.
see our other Vanuatu Pictures