Independent review for Erakor Island Resort in Port Vila Vanuatu
Erakor Island Resort Vanuatu is a mid market resort on a small coral island sitting right off Port Vila’s east shore in Erakor Lagoon. With a distinct holiday atmosphere yet five minutes drive from downtown and a three minute boat ride from the jetty, Erakor offers 22 bungalows and is popular with both families and couples wanting to relax by the beach, do a little sightseeing and have easy access to Port Vila’s nightlife and shopping.
Erakor Island Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Lagoon Villa||2a+2c or 3a||A$ 295|
|Oceanfront Spa Villa||2a||A$ 335|
|Beachfront Deluxe Spa Villa||2a||A$ 365|
|Waterfront Family Loft Villa||6||A$ 345|
|Sunset 2-Bedroom Loft Villa||7||A$ 395|
Erakor Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on private island off Port Vila, South Coast, Efate
- Getting There: 15 mins by road from Bauerfield Airport + 4 mins across lagoon by boat
- Unique Qualities: Small holiday resort close to Port Vila
- Ideal for: Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 22 Bungalows
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - 24-hr ferry for dining out in Port Vila
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Port Vila Town
- The Beach: Average: small beach of medium coarse sand
- The Ocean: Shallow at low tide for swimming but good for kayaking and sailing
- Snorkelling: Reasonable off northern tip of island
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Catamaran, 24-hr shuttle ferry to mainland
Erakor Island Resort accommodation is strung out along the beach and oceanfront in duplex bungalows painted a bright yellow all with spacious interiors and wooden furnishings.
The twelve Waterfront Villas are in duplex bungalows (two villas per bungalow) and have open plan living with a king size beds and lounge area with day bed. These rooms are cooled by ceiling fans and have a private deck for enjoying the views.
The ocean front spa villas are stand-alone bungalows and offer more spacious interiors with a separate bedroom and lounge. They also feature a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom as well as shower.
The four deluxe spa villas are perched on the rocks overlooking the beach at the secluded south eastern end of the island have king size bed, separate lounge with Jacuzzi bath.
The beachfront at Erakor Island is part sand part coral with a reasonable swimming lagoon on its western side (facing Port Vila), rocky along the southern end and tidal on the eastern side which is too shallow for swimming but enjoys pleasant breezes. Complimentary kayaks are available to explore the lagoon and its inlets, but snorkelling gear is not available for hire and not really practical as the lagoon is tidal.
The complimentary ferry (takes 4-minutes) shuttles guests back and forth between Erakor and mainland Port Vila beside the Le Lagon Resort and is available 24-hrs enabling guest to enjoy Port Vila’s nightlife.
see our other Vanuatu Pictures