Independent review of Waterfront Lodge in Nuku'alofa Town, the Kingdom of Tonga
The Waterfront Lodge is the premier place to stay in Nuku’alofa with a colonial style guest house hosted by a friendly Italian family and offering a laid back holiday style atmosphere with charming guest rooms. Facing the local fishing harbour where day trips depart for the offshore island resorts and a twenty minute walk along the harbour wall to town, Waterfront makes a comfortable yet convenient stop over for holidaymakers and business people.
Waterfront Lodge Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden View Room||3a||A$ 180|
|Sea View Room||3a||A$ 195|
Waterfront Lodge Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Across road from Wharf on outskirts of central Nuku'alofa
- Getting There: 35 minutes by road from Tonga International Airport
- Unique Qualities: Small colonial style hotel 20 minutes walk along waterfront to downtown
- Ideal for: Singles, Couples, Business People
- Hotel Features: 8 Rooms, pool table
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - independent restaurants close by
- Children Policy: Under 12yrs NOT permitted
- Local Attractions / Tours: Nuku'alofa town, ancient sites, blowholes
- The Beach: No
- The Ocean: Across road from Faua Wharf
- Snorkelling: No - snorkel on day cruise to outer island resorts from Faua Wharf
- Other Activities: Game fishing and scuba Diving from Faua Wharf
The Waterfront boats a popular restaurant and with colourful artwork, free Wi-Fi internet access, and luggage storage whilst visiting the outer islands. For guests preferring to dine out, there are two fashionable restaurants within a five minute walk.
All rooms are identical in interior living space with the difference only being the views. Rooms are fully serviced and are equipped with air conditioning, a king size bed, private balcony, and modern bathroom with hot water. Internet access, satellite TV, mini fridge, tea and coffee facilities are also offered.
Accommodation is in eight identical rooms, each with a comfortable King size bed, writing desk, small TV, open modern shelves for clothes and a bathroom featuring an excellent power shower with back massage. All rooms have a balcony, although these are connected to adjacent rooms and don’t offer privacy. Continental breakfast is included in the room rate.
see our other Tonga Pictures