Independent review for Blue Lagoon Resort in Vava'u, the Kingdom of Tonga
Blue Lagoon Resort Tonga is a delightful retreat alongside a gorgeous beach on an uninhabited island in the Vava'u Group. There are just five bungalows, all hand crafted using natural materials, each with its own unique character, none built with conventional rules. Ideal for those looking for a down to earth experience, whether for couples or families. However, there is a distinct and very laid back island style atmosphere which may not be suited to everyone's taste.
Blue Lagoon Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
Blue Lagoon Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: On uninhabited Foeata Island in the outer western side of Vava'u Group
- Getting There: 55 minutes to Vava'u Airport PLUS 1 hour by road / boat
- Unique Qualities: Uninhabited Island, peaceful down to earth retreat
- Ideal for: Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 5 uniquely crafted bungalows
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - no independent restaurants close by
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Beachcombing, walking trails, whale watching
- The Beach: Good, white sand backed by tropical forest and coconut palms
- The Ocean: Good for swimming, part sandy bottom, protected, no waves
- Snorkelling: Good, off from beach - coral and reef fish
- Other Activities: Scuba diving, island hopping
The resort boasts the best restaurant in Vava'u with the islands resident manager being the chef. Breakfast is never served before 9am although coffee is available earlier than this.
Activities include kayaking, exploring the island (and neighbouring island which can be reached at low tide by foot), and snorkelling.
see our other Tonga Pictures