Independent review for Tahaa Private Island Resort on Tahaa Lagoon in French Polynesia
Tahaa Private Island Resort French Polynesia is without doubt the most exquisite resort in French Polynesia, though a price tag to match. Set on a private motu island on the remote north west lagoon of Tahaa facing the island of Bora Bora, this up-market resort offers fine detail in every aspect.
Tahaa Private Island Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Tahaa Overwater Suite||3a+1i||Euro € 872|
|Sunset Overwater Suite||3a+1i||Euro € 1,085|
|Bora Bora Overwater Suite||3a+1i||Euro € 1,259|
|End of Pontoon Overwater Suite||3a+1i||Euro € 1,521|
|Beach Villa with Pool||3a+1i||Euro € 1,182|
Tahaa Private Island Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on private motu island off north coast of Tahaa Island
- Getting There: 40 mins flight from Tahiti International Airport, PLUS 40 mins boat
- Unique Qualities: Immaculate setting, Unbeatable service, very secluded
- Ideal for: Couples
- Hotel Features: 60 Bungalows
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - no independent restaurants close by
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Uninhabited motu islands, scuba diving
- The Beach: Excellent - fine white sand extending along resort front
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom with protected lagoon - good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Excellent - abundant reef fish and some corals off from beach
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Windsurfing, Catamarans
The twelve Beach Bungalows are over 150 sq metres in size and set in landscaped gardens, each well spaced apart and segregated with its own private walled garden and beachfront. Each bungalow a large bedroom with huge bathroom and outdoor shower with a separate lounge. There's also a small pool and spacious wooden deck overlooking the beach.
Overwater Bungalows fall into three categories depending on its location. All bungalows have similar interior design with large bedroom, bathroom with jacuzzi and separate lounge with an upper and lower wooden deck with direct access to the lagoon.
A beautiful bamboo high ceiling reception with carved wooden furniture and curved staircases lead to the bar and restaurant high up amongst the tree tops. There's a beautiful swimming pool fronting the beach with a separate restaurant and bar, behind which on a secluded spit of sand lies the tropical Manea Spa. The resort features tennis courts and a running circuit around much of the island with exercise activities en route.
see our other French Polynesia Pictures