Independent review for The Pearl Resort on Moorea Island in French Polynesia
Pearl Resort Moorea French Polynesia is located in a delightful setting on a small beach on the north coast of Moorea, backed by mountains and offering exceptionally presented bungalows and rooms. The Polynesian style reception leads down to an infinity swimming pool backing right onto the ocean. Water sports are plenty, there's a small Spa and Polynesian floor shows and overall makes a luxury base for enjoying Moorea.
Pearl Resort Moorea Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Garden View Room||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 349|
|Garden View Duplex||4a+1c||Euro € 426|
|Beach Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 504|
|Garden Pool Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 552|
|Premium Beach Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 600|
|Overwater Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 765|
|Premium Overwater Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 794|
Pearl Resort Moorea Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront off coastal highway on north east coast of Moorea
- Getting There: 10 mins flight from Tahiti International Airport, PLUS 10 mins road
- Unique Qualities: Pleasant beach, close to sightseeing attractions
- Ideal for: Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 94 Rooms & Bungalows, Swimming Pool, Spa
- Dining: Restaurant & bar - several independent restaurants close by
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Cooks Bay, Belvedere Lookout & Marae, Opunohu Valley
- The Beach: Good - narrow fine white sand extending along resort front
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom with protected lagoon - good for swimming
- Snorkelling: Good - abundant reef fish and some corals off from beach
- Other Activities: Kayaks, Windsurfing, Motorized Boats
The Garden Rooms and Family Rooms are set in an aesthetic two story thatch hotel block at the back of the property about 50 metres from the beach.
Garden Bungalows are duplex (two separate rooms share one bungalow) and are enclosed by private gardens - some have a small private pool on the veranda. The beach bungalows and superior beach bungalows are of identical interior design, the difference being location - superior bungalows are located on a lovely stretch of sand, right on the beach; standard beach bungalows are located on the other side of the restaurant, near the activities centre where the outlook is less attractive.
Overwater Bungalows are also of the same interior design with standard bungalows facing the mountains and with a shallow lagoon infront, whilst the superior overwater bungalows face the deep ocean offering more privacy and better swimming and snorkelling from the sun decks.
see our other French Polynesia Pictures