Independent review of Aggie Grey's Lagoon Resort on Upolu Island in Samoa
Aggie Grey's Beach Resort Samoa is a modern beachfront hotel set in 50 acres of tropical gardens with 140 identically styled rooms just five minutes from Faleolo International Airport. The resort boasts five restaurants, a beautiful spa, 18-hole championship golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, lots of water based activities and a good kids club making this a great family escape, and three separate cove beaches with swimming lagoon.
Aggie Grey's Lagoon Resort Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Deluxe Ocean View - Single Person||1||US$ 230|
|Deluxe Ocean View||4||US$ 242|
|Interconnecting Family Room||8||US$ 661|
Aggie Grey's Lagoon Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beachfront on West Coast of Upolu Island
- Getting There: 5 minutes by road from Faleolo International Airport
- Unique Qualities: Samoa's only large resort, excellent service, lots of on-site facilities
- Ideal for: Couples, Families, Weddings
- Hotel Features: 140 Rooms, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts
- Dining: Resort Restaurant & bars - no independent restaurants nearby
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: Manono Island, Green Turtle sanctuary
- The Beach: Average - medium fine sand in several small bays
- The Ocean: Shallow with sandy bottom, good for swimming but some sea lice
- Snorkelling: Average, offshore from beach
- Other Activities: Kayaking
The 128 Deluxe Ocean View Rooms have been designed to gain maximum vantage points of the view of the lagoon and Islands that sit on the horizon. Each room is luxuriously appointed with Queen Size beds and private patio with carved statue posts. Each hotel room features central air conditioning, IDD Telephones, mini bar, in room safe, satellite television, 8 complimentary in house movie channels playing all day every day, hair dryer, iron and ironing boards, tea and coffee making facilities.
The interconnecting Family Rooms are two adjacent deluxe rooms on the ground floor. Each Family room has two bedrooms and a lounge area, with each bedroom having en-suite bathroom. Rooms features central air conditioning, IDD telephones, mini bar, in room safe, satellite television, 8 complimentary in house movie channels playing all day every day, hair dryer, iron and ironing boards, tea and coffee making facilities.
On site amenities include a serene and quite extensive spa centre, several tennis courts, an 18-hole championship golf course and a well equipped kids club with indoor games rooms. The hotel offers an extensive tour desk with game fishing and sailing excursions, cultural trips to Manono Island, and sightseeing around the island. Complimentary kayaks are provided and snorkelling excursions to the outer reefs can be organised. A free shuttle bus for guests operates between the resort and Apia Town every day except Sunday and allows guests to explore the historical town at will.
Aggie Grey's Beach Resort has a delightful beachfront setting with four small cove beaches adjacent to each other. Each beach has sun loungers and coconut shades for guest use. The lagoon is sandy bottom, shallow and generally protected from winds making it good for swimming. Snorkelling is OK for beginners, but with only a few coral heads and no drop-offs to observe for more advanced snorkellers..
see our other Samoa Pictures