Independent review of Drehu Village Resort Lifou Island, in the Loyalty Islands of New Caledonia
Drehu Village Resort is the most upmarket accommodation on Lifou with 28 boutique style bungalows directly fronting a gorgeous white sandy beach in the islands main commercial centre at We on the east coast. With a relaxing swimming pool, fine dining restaurant overlooking the beach, exceptional service and snorkelling or kayaking in the lagoon, Drehu Village makes the best base for exploring the island and enjoying a relaxing and comfortable beach holiday.
Drehu Village Resort Rooms & Room Details & Rates
(click for details & pix)
(c = child)
|Hotel Public Rate
(for 2 people)
|Bungalow||2a+2c or 3a||Euro € 195|
|Bungalow Suite||2a+1c||Euro € 325|
Drehu Village Resort Information & Facts
- Hotel Location: Beach front at We, east coast Lifou Island
- Getting There: 40-minute flight from Noumea + 20-minute by road
- Unique Qualities: Boutique resort on beautiful beach
- Ideal for: Couples and Families
- Hotel Features: 30 Bungalows, Swimming Pool
- Dining: Restaurant & Bar at the hotel - a couple of other restaurants walking distance
- Children Policy: All ages welcome
- Local Attractions / Tours: We Beach, Island Sightseeing
- The Beach: Excellent - white sand beach extending along coastline
- The Ocean: Excellent - sandy bottom, protected, good for watersports
- Snorkelling: Good - some good reefs along outer lagoon
- Other Activities: Windsurfing, Kite Surfing at We Centre
The majority of accommodation is in duplex bungalows (two independent rooms within one bungalow and a dividing wall separating each veranda for privacy) with contemporary, light and spacious interiors with a King size bed, single bed, flat screen TV and small but pleasantly outfitted bathrooms. Bungalows are set in two lines, with the beachfront bungalows having excellent privacy and ocean view bungalows staggered in a row behind with partial ocean views.
Three bungalow suites are located at the secluded northern end of the property with lovely ocean views. These are stand-alone private bungalows with larger living space than the standard bungalows and large bathrooms with bath tub. Interior furnishings include a King size bed, single bed, flat screen TV and spacious bathrooms.
Island tours and village visits can be arranged, there’s a friendly reception and bar and an independent water sports centre is located five minutes walk along the beachfront hiring out kite surfing, catamarans and offering deep sea fishing. Several small independent restaurants and shops are also walking distance to the resort.